Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Boat Exhaust Group Buy - Erik Approved!

Will this fit my 2002 S6 Avant? I picked one up a few months ago and having a heck of a time riding an exhaust for it....thanks!

I own an S6 myself and am picking up an exhaust as part of the Group Buy. The exhaust for the S6 costs less and is different from the RS6 version.

I can get an S6 exhaust for $1100.

Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO

Thanks for bumping my thread up!

However, you can't get a Milltek exhaust for <$1690. Also, I'm working on getting an Oval tip version of the exhaust from BB so please don't try to disuade others from buying these exhausts.

I'm sure there are comparison threads on this forum that can be referenced for those who are looking for them.

Free country. I would not take the chance on a BB/oval tip setup that has not been proven. As my post states.....my feeling is that if you want a single tip to go with Milltek....if you want a twin tip go with MTM or BB.

If you cant take the point counter point then get out of the kitchen. My next comment will be to Erik to complain about this free advertising for BB exhaust. Are we clear Mr Rictus?

Milltek RS6 catback exhaust with the black oval tip are $1699 all day long. Shipping is 50 bucks. I could call Stratmosphere and get a better price if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
    Thanks for bumping my thread up!

However, you can't get a Milltek exhaust for <$1690. Also, I'm working on getting an Oval tip version of the exhaust from BB so please don't try to disuade others from buying these exhausts.

I'm sure there are comparison threads on this forum that can be referenced for those who are looking for them.

I luvs my Milltek sound..downpipes and catback. I get plenty of unsolicited compliments. During my last track event at Barber, one of the flag station guys makes a point to flag me down. My first thought was "oh oh- what did Max do wrong?". Then he proceeds to tell me how he loved the sound of my car when it went WOT. There were a lot of other nice cars out there on the track so I thought it was pretty awesome that he singled mine out of the crowd and tracked me down to say so.

Don't take me wrong- we are all individuals with different preferences. As has been mentioned many times- the only way to gauge is to hear the setup in person and see what floats your individual boat..Thank the stars we are not all alike and don't have to all eat a single ice cream flavor! However; it did cost more than $1700 for the ear candy as Mr. Rictus states accurately.
    210K miles rolled

I checked with Erik before posting this thread since I didn't know what the rules were for initiating a Group Buy. That's why I mentioned in my thread title that he approved the thread.

The only point I'm attempting to make is that these are quality exhausts, made in the U.S. and I'd like to help myself and other members of this site get a good price on them. If people want oval tips, I'll try to get BB to make the exhaust with oval tips... it's not a complete redesign of the exhaust.

As for this being a free country, I completely agree. However when you sign up for a website, you agree to the terms and rules set by that site which I followed when I posted my thread and continued to follow when I politely and respectfylly asked you not to disuade others from buying these exhausts. I'm not sure why you responded the way you did but if you'd like to discuss it further feel free to send me a PM.

You are asking me to silence my opinion. There lies the problem. You are pushing your opinion on others but dont like the tables turned. I dont see any personal attacks in my opinons just stating some observations.

I dont mind the free advertising for the BB group buy but this is forum to exchange ideas. I gave a couple of options and stated a opinion that "I" would not take the chance on jumping on a BB exhaust with a oval tip switched out. Thats all.

You are getting the free advertising space for the group buy. However, if the thread becomes a sell job then Erik may think twice about the approval.

If you read my post again, I dont have anything against the BB exhaust except the polished pipes and twin tips. I even give the opinion that if you want the twin tips buy the BB or MTM.

Randy,

The catback is the exhaust in question. The Milltek catback for the RS6 is $1699 with the black oval tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    I luvs my Milltek sound..downpipes and catback. I get plenty of unsolicited compliments. During my last track event at Barber, one of the flag station guys makes a point to flag me down. My first thought was "oh oh- what did Max do wrong?". Then he proceeds to tell me how he loved the sound of my car when it went WOT. There were a lot of other nice cars out there on the track so I thought it was pretty awesome that he singled mine out of the crowd and tracked me down to say so.

Don't take me wrong- we are all individuals with different preferences. As has been mentioned many times- the only way to gauge is to hear the setup in person and see what floats your individual boat..Thank the stars we are not all alike and don't have to all eat a single ice cream flavor! However; it did cost more than $1700 for the ear candy as Mr. Rictus states accurately.

So, can anyone post a picture or vid with sound of the BB exhaust installed on a C5 RS6?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Why take the chance on a BB oval tip? When we can just buy the Milltek tip or full cat back for the same money? If you like the twin tip then buy BB or MTM. If you want single then Milltek is excellent.

Watch this vid from 1:43....that sounds nothing like a stock SE exhaust. IMHO

Randy,

The catback is the exhaust in question. The Milltek catback for the RS6 is $1699 with the black oval tip.
    Ooooohhhh- Actually- I even paid less than 1699 for just the catback including the black tips. I purchased the catback separately about a year after I had purchased/installed the dps. For those considering- give Bob at Stratmosphere a call to get a good price comparison.
    210K miles rolled

My next comment will be to Erik to complain about this free advertising for BB exhaust. Are we clear Mr Rictus?
    Hi Dave,

If you're not interested in this group buy please stay off this thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email or PM.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

If I can get my car running properly again- new seals for the MAF sensors going in tomorrow, keeping good thoughts- I'll try to get a quick video of the sound with my gorgeous quad tip polished BB/APR exhaust ;-)...

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    If I can get my car running properly again- new seals for the MAF sensors going in tomorrow, keeping good thoughts- I'll try to get a quick video of the sound with my gorgeous quad tip polished BB/APR exhaust ;-)...
    Much appreciated! I've been searching for clips but the rarity of the RS6 makes them thin on the ground. Hope the car comes together perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Hi Dave,

If you're not interested in this group buy please stay off this thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email or PM.
    I'd have to agree.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Where do I sign up for the 9 dollars in savings again?

http://www.modbargains.com/BB-Exhaust-Audi-C5-RS6.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post

$1690 for the RS6

Free shipping in the Continental U.S. once we reach 5 orders

$90 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 10 orders

$170 off with free shipping in the Continental U.S. at 15 orders

I'll keep it open for 2 weeks, see what we've got and then request payment via paypal. The lead time is 2-3 weeks if we get 10 orders, then up to 5 business days for shipping.

Please post up if you'd like to pick up an excellent exhaust!

Lmao.......^^^^
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

^+1- I'd have to agree...Now that is free market/comparo shopping at its' best-

210K miles rolled