HI - I bought a RNS-E unit from a B6 S4 (faceplate also) w/a new Sirius receiver that seller said worked perfectly with the unit - he said it all worked perfectly in CT ...so I made an ass out of umma thurmond and me and assumed it would work as described and be a faceplate modification at best...

Right now my RS6 is sitting with the RNS-E unit part way installed. My install guys are great and are all over the Audi-related Forums. They have the Vagcom necessary. (I will withhold their identity until I get the job done and are sure they want to be mentioned)

I have searched for 3 days (all audi-related/lambo/vw boards for sale of C5 (or B5) faceplate - to no avail...

CURRENT STATUS: My installer says he will have to re-flash the unit in-order for it to work (from EU to NA spec) - even the "newer" Sirius receiver I bought along with unit will not interface. Unit will not fit - too tall (there will be gaps on sides also)

QUESTIONS:
1. Can you tell me what to look for OEM-wise - I'd like to explore that option before cutting if possible then I can put the B6 faceplate out for someone else...
2. IF the B6 faceplate is wrong - AND I cannot get an OEM fix - I need to know whether to trim it on top or bottom - OR do I trim climate control top?
3. I am now worried that I'll need a code also to make it work???

He was able to incorporate the Fiscon Bluetooth unit to work

I have tried to contact the seller to ask what to do, but he's not come back to me.

All help will be greatly appreciated!