Thread: Full detail with paint correction done

Full detail with paint correction done

This is how I spent the first half of Saturday:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/30064-rpd-2003-audi-rs6.htm#post310546

As we were working I didn't 'see' how much better it really was. Its only when you see the before/after shots side by side you can see it. 24 man hours is a lot of time but worth it. Hardest thing was seeing how the hood was pitted from sand and/or salt just kind of sitting on it without moving. Was able to get a lot of it to blend out though!
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Looks amazing now! Great job!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

That looks fantastic! How much did it cost?

The efforts were rewarded- Great improvement!!
    210K miles rolled

Thanks - I thought it looked decent enough before. Water would bead nicely with whatever quick job was done (when I bought it, I declined the "detail" that they normally do because I knew it could only hurt further what I was planning on anyway). What I did really like though, when the final lock was on and we were waiting for it... the 'flat black/grey' was REAL nice on the car.

Mr Rictus - unsure of the 'advertising' policies of the board for sponsors/etc but I think something like that is at/near $300 depending on the work done. There are so many levels of where you can go with details and correction.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Not a bad price. Was this through a local place or is it available nationally? I'd like to have something like this done to my car.

Friends of mine that do it here in the Boston area.

I'd recommend a full detail and correction without question. Even if it weren't them, a good detailer with the right equipment/compounds can work *wonders* on a car. There were some trouble spots and you can see how they came out; I did the troubled door sill myself and you can see that it went from 2/10 to a 9/10 or so. There were some deeper scratches and most were corrected.

I will do a strip/lock/wax in October or so to prepare for the winter, then the same in the spring. After that its just wash/wax once a month or so
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Wow looks like a totally different car
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)