Thread: One for three

One for three

I've stumbled across 3 RS6's while driving mine ... once in Stamford, CT, at a stoplight - it was directly next to me, and I got somewhat excited. Same color inside and out, yet the driver was virtually oblivious. (0 for 1)
    Next time, I was at a gas station in Huntington, NY, and spotted another Mugello in the parking lot of an adjacent deli. Went inside and inquired as to who owned the "blue Audi." A guy responded with some fear that maybe his car had just been trashed, but when I told him that I was simply looking to meet the owner of a match of my car, he was genuinely enthusiastic. (1 for 2)
    Yesterday I'm driving on the LIE eastbound when I see those familiar brushed aluminum mirrors catching up to me. I thought for sure that the driver was going to give a thumbs-up or such, but no - he was just cruising by. I adjusted my pace to match his, and looked over at him (elderly Asian gentleman) a few times .. nada. (1 for 3)
    I guess I assume too much when I expect EVERY owner to be as enthusiastic about our cars as our board members.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Amen. I've seen 2 other RS6's here, and neither of them had any clue why I was trying to get their attention.. One was silver, cruising at a simple 55 MPH on i15, just a nice looking old man enjoying his expensive sedan. I later met his grandson who was very enthusiastic about my car (raced around town with me in some Saturn til he caught up to me at a stop light long enough to catch my attention, so I bought him a drink). Apparently the silver one has about 5,000 miles on it, original owner too.

I saw another one, same color as mine, going the opposite way on a 5 lane city road, but by the time I flipped around they were gone (go figure).

I entered her into the Moab car show, and either got "look at mom's Audi" (no joke, someone actually said that), silence as they marveled at the engine, or the select, respectable few that told me they were amazed to see one there, and how it was an awesome and incredibly fast car. Got a few contact cards and event invites from that lot of people.

I can assure you, if my mom had this car, she'd long since be eternally resting inside it. No offense, mom..
    2003 RS6 "Silvianna" STaSiS C5, GIAC ECU, K&N filters, "black" exhaust kit, Alpine W505, Alpine R Components, Alpine PDX.400 + PDX.1000, JL 13" slim, Valentine One, 2KW Inverter, All hidden.

So true with both comments. The RS6 is not a flashy car show kinda ride.

However, show up at a real event with gear heads and people flock to the car. I went to a track day at Firebird raceway last year and the Bondurant employees tracked me down and said the RS6 is the favorite car of all the instructors.

The general public have no clue and rock on with the Kia Rio's.

LOL.

I had the S6 with the RS6 body parts on it next to my RS6 at a local Euro Show and the S6 got all the attention.

Half way through the show, I opened up the hood on the RS6 and all the focus went to it.

One guy was just talking to me, and his neck snapped (a la Jim Carrey's imitation of Reginald Denny) and he just silently stared for a minute. He then commented "you just don't see that very often"

It was funny how it happened, as he was quite intoxicated as well.

BTW, the S6 ended up winning its class that day amongst all the B5s. i was pleasantly surprised.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I agree. I have not seen any on the road around here since I have had mine...although one time I went to an Autozone and the 3 stooges in there kept me there for over an hour showing them EVERYTHING on the car. They had never heard of or seen one...
    2013 Audi S8

It is a really rare car, especially in Indiana. I have never seen another RS6 being driven. I have never seen another RS6 sitting while I was driving mine. The ONLY RS6 encounter I have ever had was years ago in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, when I was visiting the "bubble" where the tennis courts are between town and the ski resort, Teton Village. There she was, in Daytona with black seats. Nobody anywhere nearby that I could talk to. I've never even seen another RS6 when I have had my car to Continental Audi in Naperville for service; though I know there are a few in that area.

Lots of old Allroads driving around Jackson, though. The perfect all weather ranch car if you don't need/want an SUV or pickup.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

I found my twin when i went to the local grocery store, 2 mins from my house! The owners wife was not impressed i snapped a picture , i tried to ask who the owner was but the put the phone up to her ear so i didnt bother. Oh well. Still glad i saw another one!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6er..jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	11520
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I have yet to see one anywhere since I bought mine in March. In fact, I haven't seen one since May of 2008 when I was in Germany on business. For what it's worth, I saw three yellow C6 Corvettes in the last 24 hours in and around my town of 5,000 people. Glad I didn't buy one of those.