Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nerve!........

The Nerve!........

Driving the beast to park and ride this am, came upon a Acura TL, with a very obnoxious driver. We line up at a red light, and I can see him starin to look at light from intersecting side. Green...wham, whiirrrlll, joke....smoke him and he took a creeping 1/2 car length roll as light turned green....I know pick on someone your own size, but I luv the fact he decided to test me, lol.....even better he was so pissed, that at 1/4 mile ahead, I'm doing 85, he buzzes by me 95-100...I just laughed and waved good bye to my inept driver friend.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Glad to hear this, as I saw some other thread (AZ maybe?) about somebody being beat by a TL. Of course, they weren't driving an RS6. All in good fun.
    -Jeff
    current: '02 S6 Avant, light silver metallic/ebony, 6-speed
    previous: '99 A4 1.8Tqms, aluminum silver metallic/onyx

yes, saw that thread...I think he was GIAC chipped as well, pretty sad an ACura can smoke ya....but to be fair I think he has boost issues.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

it's a primary reason why I'm searching for an RS6 - I initially thought E39 M5, but coming back to the States, I don't think I'll be needing track-ready handling all the time. Power corrupts and it's very hard to backpedal; on the boulevards in Seoul, I can count on one hand the cars that have given my Skyline a difficult time.

But even if I could import my Skyline now, I'd still want an RS6; such high-strung tuned cars aren't that easy to live with as daily drivers. Yes, it'll take an LP640 from stoplight to stoplight. But 8mpg and an exhaust drone that drives you insane after 30min isn't always fun 99% of the time...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

speedtrapped, your story cracked me up!

I took a road trip to eastern Washington last week and got "challenged" on a twisty, hilly highway by a total idiot in a tiny red Acura with a noisy muffler, a black bra, and the biggest after-market spoiler I've ever seen. (Why do people do that s&%t to their cars?) Needless to say the RS6 and I completely humiliated him with almost no effort whatsoever. He reacted to the spanking by tailgaiting me when he caught up to me when I had to slow way down for a speed trap going through a town. What a dillhole.

(Sorry for the thread-jack, just had to share!)
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

funny...i realize a twin boosted v8 vs NA v6(albeit much lighter) is not even close, but its so funny how much of a bonehead this guy was, he really wanted to smoke me at light, and I luved that he was crawling rolling offline while red into green, i should of bothered to see his face in rearview, but we started to come into traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    funny...i realize a twin boosted v8 vs NA v6(albeit much lighter) is not even close, but its so funny how much of a bonehead this guy was, he really wanted to smoke me at light, and I luved that he was crawling rolling offline while red into green, i should of bothered to see his face in rearview, but we started to come into traffic.
    You should have let him "win" the first one, then bet him $50 on the next two, three, four...

The NA V6 FWD will either spin or traction control clip every time (I had a 2002 Acura TL-S, it was fast but one wheel peel)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I don't think anyone has ever tried to "race" me. That or there are a ton of people posting to forums about smoking an RS6 because I was completely oblivious.

I think the closest I got was a Del Sol passed me as the light just turn and I decided to just keep up with him (about 3am on a freeway onramp). He made it to 110 when I decided it wasn't worth the jail time and backed off but he was clearly frusterated he couldn't just lose me. I am assuming he had some mods or something but it really was no challenge at all.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

something is in the air........6am today, bmw 3 series, decides he is going to test me at same light, lololololol....bye bye, there are cars out there that I really know could test my cars ability(or mine), but a manual BMW 3 series? come on guy....it was great he was revving the car at light, so funny......

It's summer time, everybody comes out to play
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Unless its a serious contender, I don't even pay em any mind. I last guy that tried me was a Vette (Sounded good too), who got a shocking surprise. We were neck an neck and I was getting ready to pull him but ran out of road. Boy the Adrenaline was flowing that day. And just think this was with a slipping Tranny also. Set up and running right these cars are amazing.........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

ehhh, cant help myself...I enjoy the comp, and its early enough in morning that there are not a lot of cars out.

Guy pulled on me really strong last week, Dinan M6. Could'nt quite catch him. I was bummed for two days. Need more power. He had the SMG box, we had talked at the gas station and then it was ON down the toll road ramp. Ouch, hurt my pride. Was'nt in S or manual mode, but still......need more power. Good thing I am getting rid of the primary cats soon.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Guy pulled on me really strong last week, Dinan M6. Could'nt quite catch him. I was bummed for two days. Need more power. He had the SMG box, we had talked at the gas station and then it was ON down the toll road ramp. Ouch, hurt my pride. Was'nt in S or manual mode, but still......need more power. Good thing I am getting rid of the primary cats soon.

Stephen
    It happens bro. Don't worry about it. You don't mention whether you have a Tune or not (I hope you do) but surely get rid of the Pre-cats and preferably the Main ones also. I also hope you have a freely flowing exhaust. If you don't have at least these few Items you wouldn't stand a chance against a modded M6. So don't feel bad.........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

[QUOTE=Stephencl;216594]Guy pulled on me really strong last week, Dinan M6. Could'nt quite catch him. I was bummed for two days. Need more power. He had the SMG box, we had talked at the gas station and then it was ON down the toll road ramp. Ouch, hurt my pride. Was'nt in S or manual mode, but still......need more power. Good thing I am getting rid of the primary cats soon.

I had an experience where a m5 dinan on the highway tried to pull away, the beast was glued to his bumper. Still love the guy in the s5 who said I am sure that this isn't any faster than my car. His mouth dropped open when I said maybe not how does 550hp look?

yes i have an apr chip, best 2k ever spent.

interesting thought.....ever since my engine swap, the DBR kit came with 3" straight pipes that feed into 100 cell racing cats, finished milltek....I wonder if I should remove the cats? i can always have the o2 deleted....my old set up had gutted dp's and secondarys gone.

comparing an E60 BMW with a C5 isn't exactly a fair matchup; there's almost a decade of technological advancement between the cars. The twin-turbo V10 in the C6, breathed on with far less money than Dinan charges...599GTBs will be your rivals, not some piddly M6! While I much prefer the styling of the C5, I have to respect the C6 engine - a twin-turbocharged version of the Gallardo engine, wedged into a 4-door saloon!

In fact...has anyone considered trying to swap that biturbo V10 monster into a C5 (probably/preferably an Avant?)
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    interesting thought.....ever since my engine swap, the DBR kit came with 3" straight pipes that feed into 100 cell racing cats, finished milltek....I wonder if I should remove the cats? i can always have the o2 deleted....my old set up had gutted dp's and secondarys gone.
    Missed you at the track last night...slacker...
    2013 Audi S8