Thread: Audi Safety Recall

Hybrid View

Got my letter yesterday too..not feelin the warm and fuzzys about my RS6 sitting at the dealer waiting for some jagoff to chop a hole it it to fix another hole...gotta think about this one...
    2013 Audi S8

Funny really.

When the Allroads had the fuel tank recall....didnt Audi replace the fuel tanks?

Now that the limited amount of RS6 owners are starting to have the same problem....we get the rub job on the tank. Oh yeah, they have to cut a big hole in our floor to get to the said rub job.

Someone please tell me how gooping up some epoxy over a plastic cap in the gas tank is somehow going to prevent or fix any supposed crack from either forming or seal and supposed crack from fuel leaking out.

Please. Someone tell me how that works.

Complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Funny really.

When the Allroads had the fuel tank recall....didnt Audi replace the fuel tanks?

Now that the limited amount of RS6 owners are starting to have the same problem....we get the rub job on the tank. Oh yeah, they have to cut a big hole in our floor to get to the said rub job.

Someone please tell me how gooping up some epoxy over a plastic cap in the gas tank is somehow going to prevent or fix any supposed crack from either forming or seal and supposed crack from fuel leaking out.

Complete waste of time.
    Probably the same method MB uses...
    2013 Audi S8

We recently had a Audi (R)S meeting and there was a mechanic from a dealer present. So I asked about this recall and like all other US recalls there is none here in the Netherlands.

I will bE calling Sonnen on Monday and ask for specifics on the repair. I cannot believe that anyone could be so stupid as to think that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by micdee View Post
    We recently had a Audi (R)S meeting and there was a mechanic from a dealer present. So I asked about this recall and like all other US recalls there is none here in the Netherlands.
    same response from audi Uk ........seems like our euro models are better built than the American boys.............not!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    same response from audi Uk ........seems like our euro models are better built than the American boys.............not!!!!!!
    IIRC it's not unusual that car models for the US market have a different fuel tank from EURO models, the US has some specific regulations about fuel tanks that often lead to manufacturing differences. No idea if that's the case for the 6 though.
    03 RS6 Daytona Avant w/ cognac interior. Precat delete, Supersprint exhaust, FK Koni coilovers, Wagner ICs, MRC'd 546 bhp.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jcviggen1

Got my letter on Friday as well , glad that I checked in here to learn about "the fix". Can someone with the ETKA drawings post a few showing what these "nipples" look like and perhaps where they are located in respect to the chassis of the car ? Maybe there is an "off the shelf" brass nipple that could be substituted for the defected part? Thanks, Paul

I am betting that this has less to do with Audi issuing the recall, and more the EPA or DOT telling Audi they have to fix them. They sure could be made different also, but I think the regs are so high here in the US that Audi's hand is being forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCviggen View Post
    IIRC it's not unusual that car models for the US market have a different fuel tank from EURO models, the US has some specific regulations about fuel tanks that often lead to manufacturing differences. No idea if that's the case for the 6 though.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Complete waste of time.
    Not feeling the warm and fuzzy feeling either!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan