Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Someone made some VERY good numbers on the dyno

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Sorry but I just realised you've been a member since 2006 (5+ years) and this is your first post.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just amazed.
    That has gotta be some type of record isn't it Eric???
    210K miles rolled

Anyways back to the basics, Mike congrats with EPL the car seams to be Running well. I know there is more in it.

Speedtrap not offending you in anyway, i was just asking Hall if that was a stock vs tuned i just wanted to be sure what i was looking at.

Guys its Fathers day Weekend Have a Pint and enjoy the weather, its better on the top of the soil then in it.
    Last edited by PALETTE; June 17th, 2011 at 21:16.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

being a father of three, TYVM Corey- and I am not offended, we are passionate about are cars, and sometimes with our tuners. -wait that didnt sound right, ah hell ya know what I mean...Happy Fathers Day to U...
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

+1

I like the one where Marc is accused of stealing the GIAC file. People need to get a life. The GIAC file is the biggest POS on this planet. A stock RS6 is faster than the GIAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I was going to close this thread, but 10secS4 seems to be able to defend himself.

I don't know any of your personally nor the background to all this.
    But 10secS4 has been a member here since 2007, and to my (teflon) memory I can't recall any issues or problems.
    There are some serious accusations being brought up. Are there any facts?

I don't think anything good can come out of this thread any longer, but I'll keep it open until it derails beyond help
    or if I get PMs asking for it to be closed.

PS In my opinion, tuning is about improving the performance of the car.
    If my car runs 0-200 km/h in 20 secs and I tune it and cut 2 secounds out of that, that's nice.
    If there's no improvement, or very little, I'm going to question where my money went.
    If a (prepped) press car, or Mr X, ran something else on another day, on another strip and another driver is only a guideline and perhaps not valid vs. your car.
    I.e if you can do 10 push-ups and the next day 12 it's an improvement important for you. If Schwarzenegger can do a 100 (don't think he can) doesn't matter.

My point is, you have to measure the performance before AND after (laptime, 0-200, 1/4 mile, dyno whatever), under similar conditions to see what sort of improvement you're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    +1

I like the one where Marc is accused of stealing the GIAC file. People need to get a life. The GIAC file is the biggest POS on this planet. A stock RS6 is faster than the GIAC.
    Bahahaha!
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I would say that it seems a lot of the people on this board maybe don't venture onto other forums like AudiWorld, AZ, or QW. Marc is BANNED from all of them for cheating customers, stealing tunes, and just flat out causing issues. He has re-registered using different names, and he gets eventually caught by his IP addy.

It's really pointless to drag this on, but if anyone wants to deal with this guy you are warned now. Please just ask why he is banned from almost every forum he has ever been on including non-audi forums like this:
    http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=62215

I was not suggesting he stole a GIAC RS6 file, but he has stolen "countless" B5 S4 files from GIAC and EPL. He distributed them as "tweeked" GIAC files himself so he can't deny it. Do 10mins of searching if you are bored and you will find tons of threads to substantiate these claims.
    2001 S4 Avant EPL/Tial 605
    2004 Allroad 6spd Stg 3 EPL
    2011 S4 6spd

I knew it was only a matter of time before the C5S6 (cars and forums) became the BS4. . .

How stupendous!!!
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time before the C5S6 (cars and forums) became the BS4. . .

How stupendous!!!
    Not sure what you mean by that, but not all B5S4 owners are like the kids on Audizine. Some of us do add value to the community
    2001 S4 Avant EPL/Tial 605
    2004 Allroad 6spd Stg 3 EPL
    2011 S4 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by FateZero View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that, but not all B5S4 owners are like the kids on Audizine. Some of us do add value to the community
    Seems like a bunch of kids on the last three pages.

Can't we all just get along?

How much revenue was lost by GIAC and EPL due to any stolen code? I've never understood why these companies don't lock the code down so that it can't be downloaded? Especially if they devote tons of money on development.

Might be the tune, might be the driver, might be the car overall. I don't know why anyone really cares or gets into the my car is faster than your car stuff. Just my opinion.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I would say if he had a significant improvement, the tune has definitely worked.. as mentioned. There may be some other underlying issue why other cars make more power, some bad sensor, etc. My car is very finicky on applying boost and timing. IF anything, he should try and take it back to EPL to solve the other issues. Not the tune.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."