Thread: Sportchassis Plus on RS5 - worth it?

Sportchassis Plus on RS5 - worth it?

Hi, I'm new to this forum because I just ordered my first Audi (after being a long time Saab and Porsche driver). I went for the RS5 after trying both the S5 V8 and the S5 V6T (I personally think the V6T is a huge mistake by Audi, but that's just my personal opinion)

I currently have the choice between a custom-ordered RS5 or a car that's in stock at the importer. The big difference between the two is that the one in stock doesn't have Sportchassis Plus (which I wanted).

My main concern is about driving comfort, because this will be my daily driver, and I'm wondering what the standard suspension is like (compared to the Sportchassis Plus "comfort","normal" and "dynamic" settings). Has anyone had the chance to try both?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

The standard suspension has the same feeling as the normal (auto) setting of the SC+.

Dynamic is just....incredibly uncomfortable, even harder than the RS4 with the sport suspension extra, already known to be a wife/children war declaration.

Comfort setting gives a very smooth ride. Almost a limousine. The problem, is that it doesn't really match with a high speed driving (i'm not talking about sport!), a sort of citroen feeling. It was my daydrive setting for few months, but i switched it to the auto configuration, feeling the car now safer on high speed turns.

Thanks for your reply. Your comments about the dynamic mode made are interesting because a few weeks ago I had a long test drive in an RS5, and I tried all settings including dynamic, and I didn't feel a real difference in the suspension. I guess it's safe to assume that it didn't have SC+ then. I should've asked but I forgot about it, and now they can't say what options were on the car.

So you're saying there's a clearly noticeable difference in the suspension comfort level between auto and dynamic? In other words, if I didn't notice any difference, it must have been a standard suspension during my test drive, right?

100% right, the difference is more than noticeable. Much more than all the other settings (engine/gear/exaust/steering).