Thread: R8 GT spyder

R8 GT spyder

nothing new except basically a topless version of the R8 GT. more info below the pics....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi has unveiled a limited-edition, open-top version of the mid-engine R8, called the GT Spyder.

The two-seater will bow this fall at the Frankfurt motor show, just ahead of the sales launch. It draws heavily on the earlier R8 GT coupe, sharing elements of its styling, lightweight construction and mechanical package.

At the heart of the new Audi is a powered-up version of the standard R8 Spyder's 5.2-liter V10 engine kicking out 552 hp. Drive is sent through a standard six-speed sequential-manual gearbox with paddle-shift capability and a viscous-coupling all-wheel-drive system set up to provide a nominal rear-wheel-drive bias.

With select carbon-fiber body panels, a lightened interior and carbon-ceramic brakes helping to reduce curb weight over the standard R8 5.2 FSI quattro Spyder, the R8 GT Spyder is claimed to hit 62 mph in just 3.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 197 mph.

Setting the car apart from its standard sibling is an updated aerodynamics package aimed at increasing high-speed downforce. Included is a dual-lip front splitter, a redesigned diffuser element, round chrome exhaust pipes and darkened taillight lenses.

An electrically operated fabric roof opens in 20 seconds and at speeds up to 30 mph, stowing behind the cabin underneath a carbon-fiber cover. A deep well beneath the hood at the front provides space for luggage.

As with the R8 GT coupe, the R8 GT Spyder will be assembled in a run of just 333 cars at Audi's Neckarsulm manufacturing plant in Germany. Audi has yet to confirm how many cars are likely to head to North America, suggesting deliveries will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

So RXBG, are you saving the pennies yet?
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

for the next gen R8 maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    So RXBG, are you saving the pennies yet?
    but more close to the future looking to get a 2013 A3 as a new daily driver.

what about you big B? what's your next ride?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    but more close to the future looking to get a 2013 A3 as a new daily driver.

what about you big B? what's your next ride?
    Sorry for the late reply!

Me? I was actually hoping to acquire the new A6 avant with TDI but AoA and the DOT are preventing THAT from happening so...
    I think I am seriously looking at what the A1 TDI will be like as well. Great little car as far as what it appears. For me, the biggest challenge of an economical commuter (in So Cal especially) is traffic. With the CBR, its a non -issue as lane "sharing" is completely legal here. So being home on time every night is a huge plus. The only way I'd give that up is to have great comfort with great fuel economy to boot.

Back OT, I think the new R8 GT Spyder is just crazy good looking but can only imagine the USD price.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Love that matte color.