Thread: Repair Shop in Sacramento, CA??? And Alternator failure.

Repair Shop in Sacramento, CA??? And Alternator failure.

Does anyone know a good repair shop in Sacramento, CA thats knowledgable, trustworthy and reasonable?

Side question: RS6 was recently in the body shop for cosmetic repair for two months (due to clear bra). The car had to be jumped several times, the battery replaced and now it appears the alternator is done. Does this sound odd to anyone? Would any of the chain of events explain this in your experience, because I didn't have a single problem with the electrical system before taking the car in.

Thanks for your help!

2Bennett in Davis

I've stopped by there a couple of times, great guys. They have done quite a bit of work on friends cars, never heard a complaint. Check them out, 2bennett.com

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with 2Bennett. I'm looking for an alternative to them or a dealership in the Sacramento area. Thanks again.

The alternator going bad seems par for the course on the Rs6, mine is needing replacement like today at 93K and others here have had theirs go bad at much less miles. Mine just started its symptoms for no reason I can see. It's not that big of a deal tho...alts do go bad; just sux on this car as they seems to go bad earlier than later.

About $430 (wholesale) with a core charge for the alt.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I have spent some money at 2bennett over the last decade and they have always been great to work with. I also got to see their S1 at The NEQ driving school at The Glen a few years ago. Drool. Oh yeah and their 200 Avant super fast sleeper!
    Signal Green RS7