Thread: Audi A1 clubsport quattro Concept

Audi A1 clubsport quattro Concept

2.5 5 cylinder TFSI
    503 hp
    486.79 lb-ft
    Maximum power 2,500 - 5,300 rpm.
    Weight 1390kg
    0-60mph = 3.7s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1..jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	11388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2..jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	11389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3..jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	11390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4..jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	11391  
    Last edited by HKS786; May 31st, 2011 at 14:18.
    HKS786

200hp/L. Ridiculous.

At no point did I ever consider downsizing to a A1

until now
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

what is the point of these concepts except emotional masturbation? like such a car would make the light of day from the factory floor. audi doesn't even want to bump the 2.5 output to 400 hp as it is now. in fact, no new V8 from audi in 7 years.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

IMO it's just to show - Yes, we can!

Clubsport Quattro Video
    Pic

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    IMO it's just to show - Yes, we can!

Clubsport Quattro Video
    Pic
    Slap on some rally tires and let's go make WRC interesting all over again

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Slap on some rally tires and let's go make WRC interesting all over again
    Some five-cylinder howl in the forests again? I'm all in for that!

RXBG, I don't want to argue with You, but we should all see that V8's are not in focus any more! Producing high power V8 engines is not what people need nowadays, not to mention environmental issues. What we need is more efficient technologies, just like this 5 cylinder engine. Otherwise it is for power demostration, prestige and for showing the competitors where they are...I'm completely sure about that this inline-five turbo is years ahead all other petrol engines right now.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

BTW, I don't think it was mentioned here on RS6.Com, that 2.5TFSI engine won the International engine award for 2011. It also won it last year in it's class...

just read the latest quattro mag. the original S1 made over 500 hp from its 5 cyl engine.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Banned
    It would be nice if they released more specs on the motor....why not claim it makes 1000hp. Its a nice one off, but its main purpose is a marketing tool to boost sluggish A1 sales.

I think it has 1.6 bar of turbo boost as seen on the boost gauge on the interior pics. Maximum TORQUE (instead of power as written in some places) is 660Nm between 2500 and 5300rpm. 0-100km/h in 3.7s; 0-200km/h in 10.9s; 80-120km/h in 2.4s (4th gear).

Could this be the spec of the upcoming Quattro Concept ?

Quote Originally Posted by F10V8TT View Post
    It would be nice if they released more specs on the motor....why not claim it makes 1000hp. Its a nice one off, but its main purpose is a marketing tool to boost sluggish A1 sales.
    Do I feel a bit of resentment here. What, is BMW cars and forums boring you.

Yes it's a marketing tool but why suggest the A1 isn't performing well in sales, compared to what?

Oh and your remarks about it's output, come on, there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now.

My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of.

Banned
    Im here to stay...Im glad your so intrested in my post though. I was just stating facts.

"My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of. " I would rather piss you off.

"there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now." There are 500hp versions of many cars on the street right now...

500Hp out of that motor must create alot of lag, and the power is only available in a 2800rpm window...dosent sound very drivable especially throught a FWD based haldex system (torque steer).

This is a good motor though, it won the international engine of the year award, and BMW won 4 this year with 4 different engines.

To bad BMW has patented its creation of an exhaust manifold that works by ensuring that each turbo is given a burst of exhaust gas at even intervals resulting in almost no turbo lag.

Did you know BMW had its first turbo production car on the market in 1972, while Audi didnt come out with one until 1979.....always follow? isnt that the saying I cant remember.

Ok im going back to my BMW hole now to admire the best engine manufacture on the planet. BMW.

I do not want to sour you Sir but we must tell you that...Umm...The best engine manufacturer on the planet needed 1.5 bar of boost from a bi-turbo system for it's 4,4L V8 block to achieve 555bhp. Audi needed 1.6 bar from a single-turbo 2.5 to get 503. And there is still a lot of space for modification.

Regards,
    Tom

Im here to stay...Im glad your so intrested in my post though. I was just stating facts.
    Far be it for me to question whether you are here to stay, I would have thought this was the decision of Erik. But as a first post I would say you didn't win any fans here.

"My I suggest Pi$$ing off back to the hole you crawled out of. " I would rather piss you off.
    You won't piss me off, but you might piss off the rest of the community with you BS.

"there are 500hp TTRS models out there on the streets right now." There are 500hp versions of many cars on the street right now...

500Hp out of that motor must create alot of lag, and the power is only available in a 2800rpm window...dosent sound very drivable especially throught a FWD based haldex system (torque steer).
    Of course there are lots of 500hp versions of many cars out there but I'm betting the number that have only 2.5 litres are limited and of those I doubt there will be any as drive-able as this one will be. Also the 2800rpm window refers to peak torque and not peak power, I'm yet to see a road engine that has a peak power that ranges 2800rpm but if you find one please tell me.

This is a good motor though, it won the international engine of the year award, and BMW won 4 this year with 4 different engines.

To bad BMW has patented its creation of an exhaust manifold that works by ensuring that each turbo is given a burst of exhaust gas at even intervals resulting in almost no turbo lag.
    I must confess BMW's record in winning these awards are legendary and their new turbo configuration is ingenious, but I dont see it having a noticeable difference in lag compared to Audi 5.0TFSI.

Did you know BMW had its first turbo production car on the market in 1972, while Audi didnt come out with one until 1979.....always follow? isnt that the saying I cant remember.

Ok im going back to my BMW hole now to admire the best engine manufacture on the planet. BMW.
    And pray please tell us where is this BMW hole you living so as we can avoid it like the plague.

bring this on the market Audi: RS1 with the 'standard' 340hp will do the trick
    And these engine figures in the production version of the Quattro-concept