Thread: Zen Master mechanic (humor)

Zen Master mechanic (humor)

I've been trying to figure out a minor, but annoying little issue for a while now. Sometimes, but not all the time, when I have the steering wheel cranked all the way over to the left to make a sharp turn, I can feel a slight vibration in the left front wheel well area. I checked for CV boot cracks, leaks, tire rubbing, etc. Everything looked fine.

Took the car in for routine service yesterday and mentioned the issue. The guy tried to reproduce the effect at slow speeds, higher speeds, in reverse, cranking the wheel from right to left and back again. Nothing. He inspected everything he could think of in the front end. Everything looks good.

When I picked up the car, he made two comments I found completely hilarious in their Zen-like wisdom.

1) "Cars are like children. They're always on their best behavior when strangers are watching."

2) "You have a special car that does special things. Most of those things are good. Some of them are not."

Just had to share.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I can't even comment as there are so many things wrong with all those statements....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Sounds to me like the mechanic had Chinese food for lunch, and found those statements in a cookie.
    However I do tend to agree that all turbo charged Audi vehicles are moody, and can behave differently day-to-day. If only they made a pill for that.....

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    If only they made a pill for that.....
    "I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill? "

Now that's some Funny stuff guys!