Thread: Ughhhh! Help!

Ughhhh! Help!

So I went out for a nice drive today, not even pushing it at all did about 130 miles and bam! The engine light comes on. Like for real!!!
    Get the scanner out and slow O2 sensors bank 1 and 2.

I just replaced them!

Any thoughts?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

How long ago were they replaced? Was it sensor 1 or 2 on each bank? The fronts are the same part # sensor, could the connectors have been swapped?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    How long ago were they replaced? Was it sensor 1 or 2 on each bank? The fronts are the same part # sensor, could the connectors have been swapped?
    I just changed all 4.. 220 miles ago.
    I have to bring it back in and have it checked. I cleared the code and went out so far no code again but i can smell the raw fuel now. I need to hit the highway and clean it out again and see if its still lingering.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I cleared the Codes, so car all ok, is there any way of looking up the codes i cleared? I did not save them...

Could a bad tank of gas fouled them a bit? Bank 1 & 2 primary or secondary 02s?

Depending on the code, it might be a connector or your engine harness, too?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

VCDS has a function to save logs, it's good to get in the habit of doing that for just the reason you stated. If you didn't save it, it's gone.

Given that your powertrain was recently pulled and reinstalled, and given that they're all new OEM Bosch sensors, I would look for loose connections and/or pinched and/or incorrectly routed cables to the sensors... Could be a major pain to troubleshoot.

Here's to hoping it was a fluke event that won't recur!

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    VCDS has a function to save logs, it's good to get in the habit of doing that for just the reason you stated. If you didn't save it, it's gone.

Given that your powertrain was recently pulled and reinstalled, and given that they're all new OEM Bosch sensors, I would look for loose connections and/or pinched and/or incorrectly routed cables to the sensors... Could be a major pain to troubleshoot.

Here's to hoping it was a fluke event that won't recur!
    I will have to remember that for sure.

Interesting as the Shop said that Audi stopped colour coding the O2 sensors and it could be the wrong wire plug into the wrong O2's now.

If it recurs, save the codes and ask that the shop check continuity on the connections. Coming into a shop knowing the specific codes usually gets you a better level of attention, and it smells like somebody bungled something at that shop to me.

I suppose there's also a chance your car ran super rich for some other reason and fouled the sensors?