Thread: Audi Miramar stepping up to bat...

Audi Miramar stepping up to bat...

So I was at the dentist's office with my oldest and since Miramar Audi was extremely close, at 4:45PM I stopped into the Service area for a remote battery change... piece of cake, right?
    Well, Service area had moved early that week from their "temp" location to the new bright and shiny location, but there wasn't any signage. I walk up to the counter and see an 8"x11" white note on the front of the counter stating something to the effect of "Miramar Audi Service is no longer at this location, please go to the new location blah blah blah..."
    I ask the person-who-shall-not-be-named (pwsnbn), who is actually a part guy, if I can purchase a key fob remote battery here, they stated yes and would changed it for me (so I didn't have to go over to Service, if you know the area, it is kind of a cluster f*ck). pwsnbn takes my remote and basically pulls it apart, and puts a new battery in, and puts it back together. Being all proud that he "did it", he states "see if it will work from here!" as the prior battery functionality was about 5-7' of range. I press the unlock button, nada. I move closer, same results. Repeat until 2" from car - nada.
    Repeat battery change - 3 more times, each time taking little care on the key fob.
    Finally, pwsnbn is unable to get it working and asks Javier, his other parts guy, to help/assist/take over.

I noticed that the key fob remote, where the connection to keep all three pieces together is CRACKED and about to fall apart!!!! WTF!!?!? I would take ownership if it was like that at the start of the conversation and warn them if it was an issue. I take care of my stuff and don't play that game. Needless to say, it wasn't like that when I came there! Perhaps the 5 times of forcing the key fob remote apart while doofus replaces "dead batteries"...

I show it to doofus pwsnbn...

So what do you think comes out of pwsnbn's mouth next? "I didn't do that"

Status check:
    1. I can't unlock my car - check (nor could I start it- immoblizer)
    2. My key fob remote is broken - check
    3. pwsnbn indirectly calls me a liar - check
    4. I am teetering on the edge of going off - check

Mind you, this is my first experience with Miramar Audi...

Javier, calmly asks what happened and I explain.
    He goes to where some of the service techs are and asks to use some sort of computer/pc to plug into the OBD port and reset the key to the car. Fine... WE (my daughter and I) are at least able to get home...

I am still on fire about the key fob remote: Javier states that he will convey what happened today to Ingrid (parts manager, yes THAT Ingrid) and will ask for them to fix it - on their dime... I was satisfied with that request but there is more:

1. The broken key fob is newly coded for the car, and falls apart when shutting off the car.
    2. The non-broken key fob, at home, is not coded to the new "code", so it will not start the car.

So, If I lose part of the three piece working remote, I am f*cked...

I fly to Seattle, the next morning, saw vitalian but missed Mark, and got a call about 4 days later from Javier - Miramar Audi will cut a new key, reprogram both keys, replace both batteries on their dime but my time.

I really have to thank Javier for stepping up and taking the extra step in customer service and defusing a situation that could and would have been very ugly. I also have to thank Ingrid for understanding the situation and agreeing with Javier. And then there is George the Service Advisor, loud gregarious and portly! Said all the right things, took care to make sure things were right and on time, even got a free carwash.

Lesson learned:
    Don't have a parts guy try to change a battery that the service guys know how to do...

So now that things are back to "normal", the range is 20'......
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The life of dealing with others...Glad it worked out in the end Ben!
    210K miles rolled

Holy batteries, Batman! I'm glad they took care of it, and I hope the pwsnbn gets his comeuppance!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Apparently, all of pwsnbn's relatives work at the Kansas City Audi dealership. This is how most appointments go at our Only dealership...

I've given Miramar a few chances at my business and I've never been impressed. Started bringing the car to Hoehn after a few questionable dealings with Miramar and I never looked back. One of the better dealerships I've ever dealt with!
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

Should have taken it to All German ;-) long story

And FWIW, my experience with Hoehn was great service up until the end. Failed to take 5 minutes/$1 worth of solvent to do the job 100% "because it wasn't covered under the warranty".

Trying Escondido Audi next time.

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....