Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Un-drilled but anybody ever look at these Euro Phaeton floating two piece rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I run the undrilled Phaeton rotors on the front of my winter beast.
    Did you have any problem when you mounted them?
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

http://www.oemplus.com/floating-brak...w12-p-985.html Give them a call? BTW, I think these are from the Euro Phaeton not the N.A. model.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I have asked them on e-mail, their first response was:
    All you will need is the new rotors and hats for your particular vehicle.

?

But then I asked if they really tested them on RS6 C5 and gave them the link on page 1 that i posted about that it was not at all bolt-on, after that I have not received any response?

So now I want an answer from someone who actually have mounted them (3D0615301N) if it's bolt-on or what needs to be changed?
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    Did you have any problem when you mounted them?
    Nope. Bolted right up. I am going to be doing some maintenance on the car these are mounted on here in the next couple of weeks, so will look to remove a rotor, confirm any partnumber ID's, and take measurements (diameter, offset, thickness) and photos in comparisson to the RS6 rotors I run on the one car and the pair of Gallardo rotors I have sitting on the shelf here.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    http://www.oemplus.com/floating-brak...w12-p-985.html Give them a call? BTW, I think these are from the Euro Phaeton not the N.A. model.
    OEMplus is in hot water with the AZ crowd, just a warning. You might have to fight to get your money back.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

my only issue withoemplus was it took a long time to get a lower euro dash for my tt

Nope. Bolted right up. I am going to be doing some maintenance on the car these are mounted on here in the next couple of weeks, so will look to remove a rotor, confirm any partnumber ID's, and take measurements (diameter, offset, thickness) and photos in comparisson to the RS6 rotors I run on the one car and the pair of Gallardo rotors I have sitting on the shelf here.
    Hi
    Have you removed them now ?

Hi

I have now bought new Phaeton brake discs directly from Audi
    No 3D0615301N
    But they are NOT bolt-on as you says for they have 7mm deeper hub!

So you have to move the caliper 7mm farther in, have you done that or where did you buy your discs?
    because they can not have been bought from Audi if they are bolt-on?

Bigglezworth where did you buy your Phaeton discs?

Here you can see the difference:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Phaeton.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	16457  

Sorry, I 'still' haven't parked the winter ride so that I can do some maintenance work. My summer ride lost the SJP below the intake and I have yet to free up a couple of evenings or weekend to perform the repair. I am still planning to swap out all axles, bushings, control arms, mounts, joints, rotors, pads, bearings, etc. here in July so will be able to post information from all three different rotors I have here (OEM RS6, OEM Lambo, OEM VW). I can guarantee that I'm running non-drilled rotors though on my winter ride....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	16458
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Sorry, I 'still' haven't parked the winter ride so that I can do some maintenance work. My summer ride lost the SJP below the intake and I have yet to free up a couple of evenings or weekend to perform the repair. I am still planning to swap out all axles, bushings, control arms, mounts, joints, rotors, pads, bearings, etc. here in July so will be able to post information from all three different rotors I have here (OEM RS6, OEM Lambo, OEM VW). I can guarantee that I'm running non-drilled rotors though on my winter ride....

Name:	VW.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	16458
    But that's normal RS6 brake discs on your image? (You can see the pins that go from the hub to the disc so that the RS6 has)
    Rs6 has undrilled
    while RS6 + has drilled discs.

That is not a Phaeton disc !

Did you buy your car with these discs on it, and you thought it was the Phaeton discs only because they are undrilled?
    Last edited by RS8; June 3rd, 2015 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    But that's normal RS6 brake discs on your image? (You can see the pins that go from the hub to the disc so that the RS6 has)
    Rs6 has undrilled
    while RS6 + has drilled discs.

That is not a Phaeton disc !

Did you buy your car with these discs on it, and you thought it was the Phaeton discs only because they are undrilled?
    ALL RS6's in North America have drilled rotors. There are NO Avant's in North America and as such no RS6+'s. I got the rotors at a VW dealer and was advised they were for a Phaeton. I didn't give it much though nor did I really care as long as they fit which they did. I don't recall the purchase price (6 years ago now), but do know they were more affordable than any other option I was faced with at the time. Once I get the ride parked I can delve in to things a bit further.

no matter what your VW dealer said,
    I wonder do you think that all Phaeton models have the same disc?

Because if you read and check the image in the first post of this thread, you will see how the Phaeton disc looks like that we are talking about (also a link to it in this second page) and if you look at your brake discs, you should see that there is a big difference !!

So even though you now have a brake disk from a Phaeton model so it's not your discs we talk or ask about.

I do not know how you can miss that this is two completely different brake discs?

See my picture on a RS6 = same as your undrilled disc and below the Phaeton W12 disc that this thread is about.

Name:	Discs.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	16465

I wonder how many have been cheated by you and bought these Phaeton discs.

Crazy. I know for a fact that I puchased the rotors in the photo from a VW/Porsche dealer. When I called the shop, I told the parts guy I was looking for a replacement to my OEM Audi rotors and understood that there was a non-Audi option available through VW. He couldn't help me at that exact moment, but I did hear back from him a couple of days later and he told me he had a non-drilled solution. This was at a point in time I was fresh in to the RS6 ride (6+ years ago). I provided my credit card and had them brought in for pick-up the next week. I took them home and did a brake swap that evening. Everything was great and I was tickled pink I had saved a few $ over an Audi OEM replacement. At that point in time I wasn't as heavily involved in the RS6/Audi forum(s) and had no way of knowing any different other than the fact I purchased a replacement part from VW and not Audi. With all the different options for parts source here in North America, I wouldn't even bat an eye on what was or wasn't available as long as it was of suitable quality and fit. Enter 6 years later and up until today I have remained of the understanding I have been running a set of non-drilled Phaeton rotors on the one car here. Again, this belief was directly associated with where I purchased them from, the fact they didn't have any Audi markings on them, and that they were non-drilled - which as I mentioned earlier all NA cars came with drilled rotors AFAIK - therefore making replacement rotors all drilled also. At no time has there been, nor was there intentional or otherwise misdirection on my part. I'm getting a sense these are maybe lambo's (??) which further confuses me as I am certain those are always drilled.

Anyway, that noted I will have these off in July and can take photos and measurements.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; June 4th, 2015 at 03:01.

Yea, from the pics those are the standard (non-N. America rotors). All RS6+ cars and N.America RS6's got the drilled rotors as standard, they know we like Bling. They should have a part number stamped on the rotor hat though. The Euro VW rotors are as the earlier pics show, a bolt on hat and not of the SHW design with the floating pins.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I would love to know the part # stamped on your rotors as well Tim.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Bigglezworth have not you looked at your brakes in 6 years?

Since we're talking about a special model of the Phaeton, you should not then take a look through your wheels to see if your discs are similar to those we talking about?
    Especially when I made a post about another RS6 owners who said they do not fit,
    Didn't you even thought for a second that you might have another Phaeton model on your car before you responded that they fit perfect!?

Look at this picture, there you have an RS6 disc without holes bottom left, does it look like your brake disc if you looked through the rims?

Name:	Rs6 Brakes text.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	16468

It is most likely an aftermarket brake disc without holes for Rs6 you have.

http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/7369787/vag-4b3615302.html
    Last edited by RS8; June 4th, 2015 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I would love to know the part # stamped on your rotors as well Tim.
    A bit of a learning process for me. I confirm the rotors I have are Zimmerman's. They are a floating hub and have NO Audi logo on them. The Lambo set I have here has the Audi logo on them. The set of rotors on the front of the other ride have an Audi logo on them - so both those sets are OEM replacements.