Thread: Part Number?

Part Number?

Based on the codes I found: 17090, 18032.

17090 P0706 Transm.Range Sensor Circ Range/Performance
    18032 P1624 MIL Request Sign.active

Looks like I need to replace the part that this malfunction indicates has gone bad. Luckily not the infamous 17125 code I have read about.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by 1 bad 03 rs6; April 22nd, 2011 at 15:34. Reason: added info

Have you cleared the codes and confirmed they come back immediately?
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

The part number for the range switch is 01L 919 821B. The switch could be faulty, but this can also be caused by corroded pins at the TCU, or a faulty TCU.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    The part number for the range switch is 01L 919 821B. The switch could be faulty, but this can also be caused by corroded pins at the TCU, or a faulty TCU.
    Yeah I hope it is the switch. Anyway to tell if TCU is bad. Talked to a guy last night who said the TCU was susceptible to moisture from the cabin filter area.

It lights up all the gears at once on the HUD. I switch the car on and off a few times and it usually works. Then paddle shifters are intermittent as well. And the D indicator doesn't always show it is engaged, but drives fine. Made sure and topped off the fluid level last night as well. The codes are not back yet. Have only driven about 40 miles or so though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 bad 03 rs6 View Post
    Yeah I hope it is the switch. Anyway to tell if TCU is bad. Talked to a guy last night who said the TCU was susceptible to moisture from the cabin filter area.
    RS6 TCU is located in a sealed box on the under passenger floorboard area. Not by the cabin filter.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    RS6 TCU is located in a sealed box on the under passenger floorboard area. Not by the cabin filter.
    Correct, but issues with the windshield water deflector allow water to enter the HVAC case via the cabin filter, and submerse the tcu/ passenger footwell area.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I guess the carpet foam could suck up that moisture and potentially penetrate the TCU case. I've never seen how much water it lets in, but from your description it must be a fair amount!

I just got that same code for the range sensor. But not the other. Everything else is working fine. Will see if it pops up again in the next week. Not replacing yet.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

The switch is sealed, but I bet the contacts inside are corroding. Wonder if you could clean it easily......

N/M from the pic on ECS it looks like it uses shear head bolts. maybe too much of a headache.

Check your shifter cable adjustment? Not sure if you had this apart or not, but if the cable is not adjusted perfectly, this will light up the dash too.
    2013 Audi S8