Thread: 1st UK Loba'd RS6 Avant

1st UK Loba'd RS6 Avant

I brought my 6 in August 2010 after running a q7 for 3 years. As much as I liked the q7 I was not using it every day and instead running around in an M3 convertable as the q7 was just too big for just myself as my 4 kids were away at school during the week. I had toyed about getting my old A6 avant back but then I thought why not get what I really really wanted when I brought her, and that was a c5 RS6. So I looked at all the RS6 forums and took advice and decided yes I want one so the search began
    Options and history were top of the list with color coming 2nd. Well 1 was found in Bristol, full history and the bigest wish option........... a sunroof. I made an appointment to veiw the car at the independent dealer making sure that they were aware if I was to do a deal then the car had to be ready for me to drive home. Well deal was done and I was now the proud owner of a c5 RS6 FASH and in the fastest color MISANO Red Bit higher milage than I wanted but with a 6 mths waranty and DRC issues already sorted and sitting on KWv3 coilovers, Happy days Here she is with my friends b5 RS4.

The 6 is serviced by both Unit 20 www.unit20.org and my main audi dealers and 1st upgrade was a nice new private plate fitted by my dealers.

2nd upgrade was to reactivate tracker moniter ( www.TRACKER.co.uk), so no nasty lowlife scum will get their mitts on her

New tire valves were replaced all round by dealer as one went faulty and as all were of the same age it seemed prudent to do the rest.

As much as I loved the 6 the most disapointing part of her was her sound, she was very quiet on her Oem exhaust so i had a word with Martin (unit20) and asked what he would suggest .....................Miltek was his reply So 3rd upgrade was a cat back milltek, duely fitted by unit 20 and car taken out for a spin. I was still not happy after 20 mins of driving and rang Martin back and said altough exhaust was better I thought is was still to quiet and what could he suggest?? Totally decated was his answer!!!!!! Ekkkk was I ready for this Hmmmmm wasn't fully sure but booked her in anyway. Picked her up later that afternoon and what can I say!!!!! Fab the car was transformed into a snarling beast I was smitten and nothing sounds like a fully decatted 6 so I was now on the very slippery downward slope of modifications!!!! Over the next few weeks some general service items were fitted to make sure she was running perfectly
    Rns-e

Audi blue tooth
    New oem altinator
    New battery
    New mafs
    Forged diverters
    Drilled c5 plus disc's/pads frt/rear
    New fan
    New ECU
    Oem level sensor and linkage for head lights
    Gearbox service
    Annual service
    Panio black trim
    Winter rims B5 rs4's and tires ekkkkk she looks like a tdi!!!!

Then just about Christmas time I started to get a funny feeling from the gearbox............it felt like it was slipping Please say I was wrong Martin took my car out and the vag com'd it and confirmed the the TC was failing!!!!!!! OH NO So after christmas car was booked in again to unit 20 to have the box dropped and TC sent off to make 100% it had failed.
    Engine and box out!

Offending item!!

My poor baby

I must add at this stage the car was only booked in to repair the TC. Then Simon the Loba UK rep threw something into the mix by showing me the new 650's for the c5. http://www.loba-motorsport.com/

Again after taking advise from Martin and Loba I decided to fit the turbos and cams, so these were duly ordered along with other bits and pieces.

Engine rebuild:

Gearbox back after being rebuilt!

Almost there

List of parts used in engine rebuild:
    Loba camshafts
    Loba 650 turbos and gaskets
    Head skims
    Wagner intercoolers and pipes
    New cam tensioners
    Cambelt and waterpump
    Reconditioned gearbox and TC
    Loba fuel pressuer reg
    uprated fuel pump
    Full cambelt change
    Aircon service
    A full custom remap by Viper www.vipertuning.com

The 6 was taken for a dyno session to see what the performance figs were.

Loba turbos are called 650 for a reason although mine only made 550bhp max she made 950nm of torque at 3000 rpms ......this is awesome Loba are disappointed with my bhp but are astounded by my torque, there is no one running my set up with my torque fig, so I have been told

Am thrilled with her

The 6 isn't finished yet as she is still a work in progress car as she is the first one in the uk so there are teething problems which will be sorted asap so watch this space But i have already got my eye on another upgrade if the TC fails again

However I would like to say a big thanks to everyone that has worked on my baby

Martin and Lee at unit 20 www.unit20.org
    Simon uk Loba rep www.loba-motosport.com
    Audi oem parts
    Rich at www.vipertuning.com

Great write and pics- Thanks for sharing! That monster must be a blast and wish you many more miles of awesome fun...00
    210K miles rolled

Excellent write up! That is one heck of a beast! If you ever come to Toronto let me know show you around some crazy street racing scenes here! I'm not involved in any...

Hmmm my motor is out to.. Turbos?lol
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Great write and pics- Thanks for sharing! That monster must be a blast and wish you many more miles of awesome fun...00

Thanks and ohhh she is

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Excellent write up! That is one heck of a beast! If you ever come to Toronto let me know show you around some crazy street racing scenes here! I'm not involved in any...

Hmmm my motor is out to.. Turbos?lol
    Go on be a devil Be assured if I come over i will let you know

Great write-up and 950nm of torque sounds like a blast!
    Have you changed or reinforced the TC too?
    I'm currently driving with standard power but I'd really love an upgrade. I'm just not so sure if the TC can handle more power without failing even faster.

OK, I have to ask like on your other thread. How much have you invested in this beast? Engine mods, and total. Also, It sounds like you have already researched it. How much will a manual transmission conversion cost you? Just trying to gage my future plans. Thanks!!
    APR ECU, FMU Intake, Catless DP's and Exhaust, AWE Mufflers, Milltek Tips, KW V3's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, APR DV's, Black Optic Headlights, Wagner Hoses, Denzo Plugs, BND Fluids, ACES IV, VMR RS4 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Excellent write up! That is one heck of a beast!
    Ditto that! And I enjoyed the pic of you and your mate's RS 4.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 2TURBOV8 View Post
    OK, I have to ask like on your other thread. How much have you invested in this beast? Engine mods, and total. Also, It sounds like you have already researched it. How much will a manual transmission conversion cost you? Just trying to gage my future plans. Thanks!!
    I have researched it and it will not be cheap!!!!!
    I suspect by the time I have finished I will be able to buy a nice 2nd hand c6, but thats not what i want The c5 rs6 is my fave car
    I will send you a pm later

Amanda nice write up.

Would it be possible to get a boost log in say 3rd gear from 2000-redline? I would be interested to see how the LOBA's hold boost.

Great writeup and one hell of a car. Both with the upgrades and the red colour really, really suits the beast!

So.. We are waiting for a video with the sound from that thing.. Also some numbers would be nice, ever tried a 100-200 km/h run?

Quote Originally Posted by RS6... View Post
    Amanda nice write up.

Would it be possible to get a boost log in say 3rd gear from 2000-redline? I would be interested to see how the LOBA's hold boost.
    Is this ok??? If not, she has to back on the dyno because I have replaced the n75 today

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Great writeup and one hell of a car. Both with the upgrades and the red colour really, really suits the beast!

So.. We are waiting for a video with the sound from that thing.. Also some numbers would be nice, ever tried a 100-200 km/h run?
    Thank you but I am biased I am doing a track day on friday and am sure someone will video her for me and I will put the link up

Seems like that link is invalid !!!

http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t...urrent=095.mp4

I watched it on my iphone today...not a dead link.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Have you ever done an 1/8 or 1/4 mile run at a track in this car? Curious what kind of time it could turn.
    APR ECU, FMU Intake, Catless DP's and Exhaust, AWE Mufflers, Milltek Tips, KW V3's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, APR DV's, Black Optic Headlights, Wagner Hoses, Denzo Plugs, BND Fluids, ACES IV, VMR RS4 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Thanks. More of that...