Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '12 S5 ''facelift'', spied...

'12 S5 ''facelift'', spied...

So a change of tail lights constitutes a "face-lift"??? What the...

Yes, along with new front which hasn't been shown yet. Do you think they would reveal all in this manner?! Wait few months for an official intro...

The front is similar in style to the new A6, or in other words it will look more aggressive than ever.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

"Similar'' in a way that it'll get new full-led inner graphics for headlights for A/S/RS5, new bumper for both A5 and S5 (similar to RS5's) and that's it basically look-wise...

Here is the S5 Sportback, looks like a big improvement for the car, especially the front.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11105043...facelift-spied
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Will the S5 coupe be receiving a new A6 style grille? Also, why did the sportback receive new headlights?! quite a big facelift I think.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Will the S5 coupe be receiving a new A6 style grille? Also, why did the sportback receive new headlights?! quite a big facelift I think.
    Don't really understand question? Who said anything about coupe not receiving the updates?! Whole A/S/RS5 are getting it. Quite substantial update, which is a bit of a surprise for Audi (and myself)! Wasn't expecting this much...

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    Don't really understand question? Who said anything about coupe not receiving the updates?! Whole A/S/RS5 are getting it. Quite substantial update, which is a bit of a surprise for Audi (and myself)! Wasn't expecting this much...
    lol yes that is my question too. I knew there was going to be the new rear lights etc, but the headlights are a completely new shape and the grille too. That is a huge change to the front end. If the A5/S5 coupes get these changes I cant wait to see how it will look.
    HKS786

Like I said, A6 S/Line front end.

Yeah, I already posted it on another forum. It is very close to actual thing as per latest spies...

I can just hear it now from the BMW fans, 'all Audis just look so alike'. lol Yeah some minor tweaks is all that will be different from the above PS, in my opinion it doesn't half freshen up the looks of the A5.

All Porsches, Aston Martins do look even more alike and I don't see any problem with that...

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    All Porsches, Aston Martins do look even more alike and I don't see any problem with that...
    You know that and I know that but BMW fanboys seem to struggle with this concept that all manufacturers design their models to have a corporate image ...... including their beloved brand.

Basically, this was the last VAG product i've bought myself. My car is like less then 3 yrs old, I ordered it just when current engine and gearbox sales started, this garbage costed more than 100K$ in my country, and now VAG made such a facelift, which makes my car look like last century garbage, and cuts the selling price of my car extremely. Probably, they suppose there will be apocalypse in 2012 december, and there will be no long-run consequences for company, heh?

Btw, I'd like to know, how RS5 owners feel - Quisha told them, that facelift will be minor, and they could buy RS5 without fear of having "new-old" car in a half a year.

LOL

A car is garbage because it's changing after 4 years of production?

Audi has been doing that for ages now...what did you expect?

^ +1.

Why should Audi sit still only to let their competitors get the upper hand just because their new model release date doesn't fall inline with what Audi do?

Yes it's annoying, I know I got shafted just the same with my B6 S4 that turned into the B7 only 3 months later but if you (manufacturer) don't progress and continue to reinvent yourself and your image then your sales will die and you along with it. It's that simple.

Look what other german manufacturers do. Nobody make such dramatic facelifts in such a short time. And somehow, bmw and mercedes don't become bankrupts you know^^