Thread: Any update on the US availability of the Mk III RS6?

Any update on the US availability of the Mk III RS6?

Haven't heard anything in a bit. Last I heard it was coming in 2012. Any news or updates? Anyone?

CW

Certainly not 2012 I think. Later than that. 2013 I bet as '14MY. The 'S' versions will come first next year. That coming out of a US Audi product manager at the TTRS intro in Chicago. They did say they will bring it but it is further out. Its an RS a year...TTRS this year, RS5 next then I think the RS6 and/or 7 the year after.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

there was gossip on several websites that Audi was pushing production ahead to compete with the f10 m5. I heard it could be a my2013 introed in 2012.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

God i hope so but the US guys, granted a few months ago didn't elude to that. Obviously i want out of my RS and into a new one but would be surprised if it came that fast judging by the snails pace its been going. Europe has the RSs for a year before we get them.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

It is disappointing how long it takes for us to get the cool cars. I saw this RS5 at the Audi Forum at Munich Airport last year (July 2010) and we don't get it 'til 2012? Come on, let us have our fun too! Although, at a price of 98,000 euro, I think I like our pricing better.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018..jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	11223

Interestingly, BMW has announced AWD on their next M5. And, doesn't BMW have included maintenance?

Frankly, I'm starting to get pissed at Audi. They bring all of these cars I don't want, and the only cars I do want, I can't get. And, now BMW's "deal" is probably better. Serious stupidity on the part of ANA. I hate BMW (terrible dealers), but Audi better get its head out of its auspuff.

CW

Well, that gets back to the problem I have with S vs RS and then just plain M and AMG.

If Audi Cut the Shit and just had the S model be what the RS would be an cut a model out they could bring that car to production faster.

Also, the S-Line needs to be changed to no include any S in it. Marketing department is running that company and ruining it.

Let see there is an A line with a little engine, an A line with a bigger engine, an A line with a V8, an S line (various engines), and RS line, and RS plus Line. Give me a break.

Mike

Was in the indy shop yesterday having an A/C service done, and I asked if they had heard anything about the C7 RS6 coming to the US. One of the shop manager's friends father works at AoA, and he has confirmed that we'll be getting it. He couldn't say if it would be a MY2013 or 14, but he did say it was coming. More info than I can get out of the dealer, anyway!

CW

If its a 2013 rollout, we better see some at the DE in 2013...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth