Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 2003 RS6

Just bought a 2003 RS6

I bought a 2003 RS6 in the Ebony pearl effect color. It has 57K miles and is stock. I'm super excited to get it and I'd love to start modding it but man parts are so expensive.

I'm thinking the eurocharged tune and the tcu tune?
    2003 Audi RS6
    Ebony Pearl Effect
    Stock

Welcome aboard the

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by YANORS6 View Post
    I bought a 2003 RS6 in the Ebony pearl effect color. It has 57K miles and is stock. I'm super excited to get it and I'd love to start modding it but man parts are so expensive.

Proven mods with good gains. Is this your daily driver, or can you spare it for a few days at a time?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Congrats and welcome!

By any chance did you buy this car in Tacoma, Wa? If so, I saw it online- looks nice!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Good Day Sir, and welcome onboard the ship.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Welcome aboard and congrats on the car!

Pics!

congrads!!!!! the tune well there are several to choose from, and they range in price....as some are partial to Eurocharge, me included its the best bang for the buck...as for TCU only 1 MTM(done thru Hoppen in FLA), $125 plus shipping, and itsa must if your tuning.
    other tunes are
    Viper-v8weight has
    APR
    Revo
    Giac
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    congrads!!!!! the tune well there are several to choose from, and they range in price....as some are partial to Eurocharge, me included its the best bang for the buck...as for TCU only 1 MTM(done thru Hoppen in FLA), $125 plus shipping, and itsa must if your tuning.
    other tunes are
    Eurocharged-I am also a fan
    Viper-v8weight, elevens has
    APR- maxrs6, 4everRS has
    Revo- hahnmg63 has
    Giac- don't think anybody has
    Added a few for ya.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

gracias amigo......
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Revo Stage 1 select plus here and the MTM tcu upgrade.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

actually Ron RS6 ha a GIAC, I drove it 2 weeks ago, instant max boost, I mean boom....but honestly tranny gets beat up that way....it literally jerks on mild pressure to accelerator

Quote Originally Posted by YANORS6 View Post

Nice!
    You should get all your mods done if/when it is in Seattle and then be done with it.
    VIN please...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

actually Ron RS6 ha a GIAC, I drove it 2 weeks ago, instant max boost, I mean boom....but honestly tranny gets beat up that way....it literally jerks on mild pressure to accelerator
    this is one of the reasons why I went with Revo, the other is cost, MSRP for GIAC is $2000 (I'm a GIAC dealer and 35% off is still way more that I paid for the Revo flash) Plus, the PO gave me a great deal on the Revo flash.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Is that your friend up there you told me about? He coming down to the test and tune? Would be good to have more data...

I have the REVO stage 1 also.

currently looking for a better tune... posibily Eurocharged or a custom tune by FMU.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Proven mods with good gains. Is this your daily driver, or can you spare it for a few days at a time?
    It's my daily driver, but I know my car has to be down for the Ecu and Tcu upgragdes
    2003 Audi RS6
    Ebony Pearl Effect
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

By any chance did you buy this car in Tacoma, Wa? If so, I saw it online- looks nice!
    Haha you're good. Yup that's the one.
    2003 Audi RS6
    Ebony Pearl Effect
    Stock

Hey guys thanks for all the greetings! This board is way better than the audi forums lol! It was dead over there.

I think I'm going with the eurocharged and Hoppen in FLA, these are the most cost effective.

Can you guys clarify things for me:

TCU is under the passengers front seat foot area, I think I saw a DIY thread somewhere?

ECU is under the hood, under towards the firewall of the car? I believe APR has a DIY thread, but the car they showed was a A6 2.7T. Are the ECU's in the same location?

Thanks fellas!

Pics are soon to follow. Dealer just put it on a boat to Alaska. Oh and it snowed again.
    2003 Audi RS6
    Ebony Pearl Effect
    Stock