Thread: RS5 seats and steering

RS5 seats and steering

Hi.

I repost my previous question about RS5 seats. I suppose the number of cars among us has increased so I hope to get an answer now.

Is there some sort of easy-entry function on the optional bucket seats? In Finland we have only one car with the bucket available, and I couldn't find it. The salesman didn't have a clue: "we don't sell many of these upper end models here....". I could only tilt the seat when pressing the button on the shoulder inlet, but the seats didn't move forward. Very unpractical.

How about standard seats? In Finland we have none of those, and I didn't even bother to ask the salesman about that when he looked like a question mark altogether. Could there be a power switch on top of the seat shoulder like std A5 seats? Otherwise the rear seats are a bit of joke.

I'd like to test drive RS5 with dynamic steering and without, but we have only cars with dynamic steering. Any comments on both, please? I've really liked the steering feel of RS4. Which one would be closer to that?

I can't believe you have to choose options to a 150k€ car and could not self test those. Minor markets in Finland with these cars, but still this is awkward, and a bit pathetic.

Maybe I'll wait until the facelift arrives, if ever...

??
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey

Hi 2jm!

I have the standard seats, and there is a switch on the upper side for an easy entry. Hoppefully, beacause i have two young children. Only spent a lot of time to put their own seats without damaging the interior.

About the steering (i don't have the dynamic steering extra), even if i was initially surprised by of the over-assistance at low speed (auto or confort position), i find it now quite natural in the feeling. Especially in dynamic mode. Not far away from the RS4.

Except in some magazines, every body also seem to be quite happy with the dynamic steering. I only drove few kilometers with a test car equiped. Surprising, but not bad. But if you want the RS4's feeling, or something close to, don't take it.

About the facelift, i read in motortalk.de (with google translator!) that it was not going to be before february 2012. Well after the other A5s. Quisha could maybe confirm....if he comes back!

Bucket seats indeed are not great if it is to have people in the rear often.... personally I could not have imagined my RS5 without bucket seats to have the full sportivity of the car, but I will very rarely have people in the back too. The standard sport seats are basically the same as in the S5 with sport seats but with RS5 logo.

For the dynamic steering the cool thing is that the it decreases the amount of steerign wheels turn when ou are manouvring and increases as necessary. not a single time I found it distirbing. i can only see advantages to it so far.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

I have the buckets and there is no easy entry or electric way to do this, all manual moving backrest forward and actual seat. there is also much less space with the buckets to get in rear than the standard seats due to the big side bolsters.

but on the actual seats themselves after having driven the car in track conditions they are worth every cent, they are just perfect!

As for dynamic steering, i quite like it. dynamic mode at really slow speed can though be very heavy whereas comfort is light but has no real feel to it. overall dynamic mode gives me the best steering feel especially when driving hard.