Thread: IC radiator removal - what all can come out?

Mech IC radiator removal - what all can come out?

Does anyone know what all piping can be removed to take out the 2 extra radiators? There are a couple of hoses\pipes that come out of a little pump, and looks like the water pump flows to them as well. I thought I read on hear where some of you guys had already done this. Any help and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I want to get them out so as to have better flow over the IC's. Doesn't get hot here in Pacific NW.

Gotta know asap, putting everything back together this weekend.

First off, the car I posted about back in February is officially mine, and the one I ask these questions about. Worked all the details out with my friend and did the deal 18k. I will post pictures later of the repair work, as well as the car. I did find out it looks like the diverter valves are not stock, and it has been chipped, not sure which yet. ttboost may be helping me out with that one.

Car runs and drives GREAT!

Water pump failure the same day I bought the car, who would've guessed. My friend is a real stand-up guy. He canceled a camping trip with his family this weekend to help me get it apart, damage assessment (it is the water pump), and will be putting back together. Out of his control as there was no way to know this was going to happen when it did. He's buying the water pump, I'm buying the timing belt and associated parts, and we are splitting the time and effort. Got it all apart now and figured, hey now is the time to do this as well.

Thanks in advance.

To be safe, just remove the ic rads and get a piece of rad hose to go in their place. So basically cut out the rads and route a hose from inlet to outlet for each side. Route the hose so it's out of the way.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

^^^ Just what Josh said....I swapped IC's to Wagners, and during swap we removed aux rads. Rad hose between inlet/outlet, zip tie, easy enough.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)