Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Muscle vs. German Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Yep, it is my white-boy hip hop nerd Bieber brand.
    My clothing line is mediocre at best but I specialize in 24" or larger rims and 9" or under rotors/drums specifically for cars that are blue book valued under $2k USD (depending on the NYSE for that day).
    Okay, I totally LOL'd at that one!

But seriously, you could make some major coin with that- - the demand is huge!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1300..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	11135

Here is my current plate on mine!!

Flippin' sweet!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    WHAT! Look at the Rear end of a GTO. You better get that thing Modded and Represent the 6 with honor.......................
    Yep. One of my favorite kills ever was a 6.0 gto with a loud exhaust. Young cocky dude with his bros in the car. It's a pretty quick car but not quick enough... The WTF look on his face was priceless as I was pulling on him.

RS6 stock vs Corvette

Me: with three boys in the car
    Him: with his girlfriend in the car

Conditions: Dry Roads, sunny day

He initiated reving at light

I hit it...

At next light two things:
    WTF look from him, laughing of his girlfriend (at him I guess) and

The Taunting of my two youngest in the back seat in their car seats pointing and laughing at him.

Priceless.

(have to keep the RS6 running so my now 14 year old can drive it)

Mike

...and then just a couple hours ago, ran into a Charger srt-8... Pulled about ten lengths 0-120. Muah ha ha ha he seemed quite surprised.

Yeah, those Charger people seem to think they are invincible or something. I've schooled a bunch of those as well.

Driving should be an enjoyable experience every time you go out.

Yeah, those srt-8's are not really much to speak of. I have rode in quite a few of them, and was not impressed!! Oh, and an srt-10 ram is an absolute joke!

I was driving around the other day and a CTS-V was pacing me looking at my car. At the stop light he rolled down his window and I thought oh great he wants to race.

He just says that he really likes my car and to take care of it. You know they are a car person if they recognize the RS6. My friends and family still say "huh?" when they ask which car I bought.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Ok, I'm starting to think something is wrong with my RS6. I don't think I could take a corvette or many of the cars you are talking about with my Stock RS6.

Have you logged her? Dyno? Or is it just seat of pants feeling?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Where are you located?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

It's just seat of the pants. I have a vagcom and could do some logging - although I need a refresher on how and what to log...

Oh, and I'm in Durham, NC.

oh, ok. Thats not TOOO far from me. You can update your location in your settings on here.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22...?highlight=log

Quote Originally Posted by sheatisdale View Post
    Ok, I'm starting to think something is wrong with my RS6. I don't think I could take a corvette or many of the cars you are talking about with my Stock RS6.
    There are a million reasons an RS 6, especially at this age, would not be pulling as hard as it should -- N75 valve, boost leaks, slipping TC, random overboosting and the resultant ECU intervention and boost cutting, and any number of sensors that can go bad and trigger a soft limp mode where you don't trigger a CEL but are definitely not running full bore.

Vag-com scan for errors, log for requested vs. actual boost. If you're lazy, drive around with your windows down. If you can't hear your turbos spooling up after you put your foot in it, something is wrong.

Get it running right, and then get a tune. If the acceleration of a C5 RS 6 with a tune doesn't astonish you, especially between 3000 and 5000 rpms, something is wrong.

Well put, Andrew. Am I remembering correctly that you put a hitch on the back of yours? You see the other thread?

Thanks Josh. In the buying process I drove an RS 6 that was putting out zero boost and the owner seemed to have no idea something was wrong... It still feels sort of fast even when it's hurting.

Hells no on the hitch. I do tow, but with the f350 or the range rover. I would never put a hitch on the '6!

You see that kind of thing all the time in europe, but I'd rather buy a $1500 POS pickup. Or a much nicer one.