Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: got to pay the price!

got to pay the price!

Just like the Post says, Ran a Solid 3.5 today! But i think i cooked my First gear. No codes. Car is fine up till 2500 and then it feels like i am doing a neutral drop up to 4500!

Fine if i manually shift up.
    Going to check it out Monday
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Vedy fast- Good luck with the diagnosis and subsequent decision processes...
    210K miles rolled

Sorry to hear that. That's why no more 0 to 60 for me. It was just a matter of time before that was going to happen. There's just so much any Tranny can take. And too many 0 to 60 blasts will eventually take care of it. They're almost done with mine now, and while I might make a couple of 0 to 60 runs I guaranty it won't be any more than that. The Labor involved in removing these Transmissions is insane, let alone the cost of repairing it. My Tranny didn't really fail, all I got was the Dreaded 17125 Fault code. And luckily the Warranty company decided to cover me even though the car was still running fine. Any way let us know what the outcome is and good luck......................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

its awfully tough not to run into this at some point, especially with a tune. I did about as much preventative maintenance I could, and still will be replacing my tc within the next month or so. 500+ hp with 4300 lbs. Stuff will break.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Well, if the price includes a new transmission blessed by Level 10, then you're back in business 0-60!

i will keep everyone posted soon enough. I noticed it slip one day and then it was no issue till today i ran a 0-60 then got on it again and Zinngggg . Not what i wanted but lets see tomorrow if its still doing it after its cooled down. Im sure there is a problem, just want to see how bad it really is
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Level 10 has a nice ring to it......man I am jones-en, at least 3 more weeks.....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

getting there...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine out 1..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	11113

My converter should be done next week. Ace is gonna start it Monday. Still have the 75K service to do. Also valve cover gaskets, etc...

Good Luck Corey..keep us posted!!!
    2013 Audi S8

That is the exact same thing that happened to mine. Except mine would not catch until 4th gear. Would slip and start banging thru gears until 4th grabbed and you could creep along.

But that is what the fun is, right?

Intriguing??? How is it that some get the dreaded 17125 code or CEL's, but no slipping and some have catastrophic slippage with no codes or CEL'S? Mine always had the 17125 code but no CEL until very recently, at which time I decided to stop driving it and ordered a new TC, which I am waiting for. Is my tranny still safe? It never slipped. Did I catch it in time?
    2013 Audi S8

What did you find to be the Problem?? Trany or Converter?? I can get it into 3rd and then she is fine

Quote Originally Posted by yokust View Post
    That is the exact same thing that happened to mine. Except mine would not catch until 4th gear. Would slip and start banging thru gears until 4th grabbed and you could creep along.

But that is what the fun is, right?
    w

Mine was the trans. I had the converter built by Ace while I was replacing the trans

Mine was the trans. I had the converter built by Ace while I was replacing the trans
    Did you do anything to the trans at all while it was getting rebulit? any type of upgrades?

Does anyone have an image of the ace conveter vs the stock one or the new stock one??

No I used the trans out of my last car. Was an OEM repalcement that had about 20k on it, so should be good for awhile (hopefully)

I have a picture of ace converter, but it is just an oem converter painted grey. Uses stock case

No I used the trans out of my last car. Was an OEM repalcement that had about 20k on it, so should be good for awhile (hopefully)

I have a picture of ace converter, but it is just an oem converter painted grey. Uses stock case
    I wanted to see the oring that everyone says pops out

That is all internal inside the case, you would need to try to get one of the converter companies to send those pictures

So the transmition is Smoked. My warranty Just ordered a new one from the dealer with a New converter. Takes 5 days to get it in. so looks like i will be limping for a week But at least its a new unit, well factory rebuilt. Going to install the down pipes and new O2's at the same time.

palette, how many launches did ya do? U have produced some phenominal 0-60mph runs, assuming ur brake boosting? I only ask because wouldnt you install a beefier tranny?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)