Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: got to pay the price!

Last week I smoked my tranny for good. Boom, it's gone. Slipping like crazy and making a whining noise through first, second, and third. Oh crap. Limp to the dealer and cross my fingers.

Good news: Audi Fidelity Platinum came through once again and fully covered a brand new OEM trans and revised TCU. Would it be better to have a built/upgraded unit? Of course. But they're not going to cover that. I have to be happy with not paying the nut for new OEM stuff with it's own 1 year warrantee installed by an RS tech!

Fidelity has saved my a$$ on this car. My hat is off to them. They have stuck me with some "wear items" that some guys debate, like cooling pipes and control arms, a switch, etc. But the retail cost of all the major fixes they have covered has been 4x what I paid for the warranty! Somewhere an actuary is crying.

Hope your situation works out, Palette!

^ Yahooooo! Congrads!
    210K miles rolled

^^ Thanks! They are actually Giving me a new Unit, They said they would rather have an andi replacement they deal with a rebuilt unit. I wish i could have had Tozo build me a Unit like my plan was but i guess sometimes things dont work out 100%. I am still planing to build a Trans in the very near future and just hold it till i need it type of thing.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's