Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no 4.0T in Geneva. Ingolstadt is burning.

no 4.0T in Geneva. Ingolstadt is burning.

something serious is up at audi. new york is in april. could they have eschewed geneva for nyc to present the S6/S8/or S7? the new A3 is cute and all... but not a show stopper that audi needs. or have we become spoiled by audi?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

yeah! I almost want to say: FK U AUDI!!!
    Possibly we will see s8 in Shanghai and s7 in Frankfurt! New York has no chance though!
    Last edited by darkop; March 1st, 2011 at 18:13.

I can only imagine that not showing the 4.0 litre TFSI was a last-minute change of heart... prompted by record oil prices following the turmoil in Libya.

Whatever the reason, it is deeply disappointing. I suspect that all will be revealed come Frankfurt. But what happens if the Middle East revolution has moved along to Saudi Arabia, affecting the supply of oil from there?

I would say it has nothing to do with oil prices and everything to do with Bentley showing it's version of the same engine.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I would say it has nothing to do with oil prices and everything to do with Bentley showing it's version of the same engine.
    I wouldn't understand this... Who gives a f for Bentley anyways! It's mainly Audi's engine and there's gonna be someone else to steal the show?! Just retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    I wouldn't understand this... Who gives a f for Bentley anyways! It's mainly Audi's engine and there's gonna be someone else to steal the show?! Just retarded...
    Yes, and we will hear in lengths of day's (like with V10 being a Lambo engine) that Audi is using a 4.0TFSI V8 Bentley engine.
    But i hope everybody knows AUDI is the "Crown Jewell" in the VAG concern.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

bentley didnt show any v8 engines. and at this point the oil price fiasco is pure excuses for not showing the engine. it is not ready. and that means something is wrong. we were thinking geneva was going to be a wicked show.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Apparently the engine have the same design as the BMW engine with the Turbo[s] on top in V of the engine.
    It means the hole cylinder head design is the other way around.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    bentley didnt show any v8 engines. and at this point the oil price fiasco is pure excuses for not showing the engine. it is not ready. and that means something is wrong. we were thinking geneva was going to be a wicked show.
    I guess nothing is wrong since they still have time before this autumn production of both S7/8... Probably they decided that, presumably, S8 is more important at this moment to Chinese market so they postponed it till April only! Also BMW will showcase its M5 concept and Audi needs something to cover and steal that hype from them! It's only thing that us fans have got so inpatient and spoiled as we had been used to see a new model each month...
    Still veeery pissed though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Apparently the engine have the same design as the BMW engine with the Turbo[s] on top in V of the engine.
    It means the hole cylinder head design is the other way around.
    Or...a maintance nightmare...

has audi or bentley devoplement the 4.0 TFSI???
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

This RS5 all over again, lots of delays, presumptions and hype, and when the product comes at last it's just good, not nearly a revelation nor a revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    has audi or bentley devoplement the 4.0 TFSI???
    anyone knows that???
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    anyone knows that???
    Mostly Audi.. Like 95%.

how about 99.999999%?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I'm sure Bentley did their bit in it's development though there's no denying that this is anything other than an Audi engine through and through.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

So, after all the hype and it looks like the 4.0-litre V8 TFSI will finally be shown in Frankfurt. There were earlier reports of the S6 being launched in November-December 2011. I wonder if that means the S6 will be presented at Frankfurt or later? There are a lot of cars waiting for this engine: the Bentley Continental GT and Flying Spur, Audi S8, Audi R8, Audi S7 and Audi S6. I guess they'll get it in order of market importance. What is certain is that there will be trouble if it is a 'no show'.

I don't actually think this engine has been delayed. Audi's product roadmaps are pretty impressive. Whatever development issues have been encountered, Audi will have factored-in sufficient time to re-engineer any component technologies that are sub-optimal. i disagree that when it comes the 4.0-litre TFSI will be like the RS5.

Look at all the journalists who criticised the RS5; they've now acquired RS5s for their long term fleets and are singing its praises. A lot of people don't get RS cars. They think that all performance sedans are defined by the M3 and want go-kart handling - which is fine for a dry track 10 days a year. Audi has a more mature approach. People have criticised the RS3 for being uninvolving - the real issue is that most drives simply can't reach its limits on normal roads. The sheer integrity of the engineering gives RS cars a long term reliability and driver enjoyment that no other brand can match IMHO.

I think the 4.0 litre V8 will be the same. Audi's engines are just getting better and better:

2.0 litre TFSI L4 (EA888)
    2.0 LITRE TDI L4
    2.5 litre TFSI L5
    3.0 litre TFSI V6
    3.0 LITRE TDI V6

The 4.2 litre FSI V8 was described as one of the great engines when it first appeared in the B7 RS4. It is still epic in the RS5.

So, I wait patiently...

Agreed completely. It was the problem with us and our unrealistic expectations. A regular A7 has been only 6 months on the market and we complained about lack of S version, which would only take hardly a half % of global sales.
    Audi didn't need a turbo V8 like others that early, as a regular 4.2 was fantastic engine for a long time that bested its competitors (even with their FI) on regular basis.