Thread: no 4.0T in Geneva. Ingolstadt is burning.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    I wonder if the 408 is indeed a misprint, either unintentional or deliberate, especially since the 2.5-litre 5 cylinder engine develops 408 bhp in the S3 Sedan concept shown at Geneva in March? Perhaps it should have been 480 bhp?
    I would be surprised if it turned out to be this high but I do feel that making the S6 compete with the 550i and e550 will be a mistake, in general the S-Line competes with BMW's M/Sport and Mercedes' Sport versions, the S has always stood separate from these and in my opinion should remain so.

I stick by my guns in saying that the S6 will have 435-440hp, either officially or unofficially.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I would be surprised if it turned out to be this high but I do feel that making the S6 compete with the 550i and e550 will be a mistake, in general the S-Line competes with BMW's M/Sport and Mercedes' Sport versions, the S has always stood separate from these and in my opinion should remain so.

I stick by my guns in saying that the S6 will have 435-440hp, either officially or unofficially.
    Wrong. RS lines compete with M/AMG. S lines used to be somewhere in the middle but they figured out it was mistake so they bring them down to be top of the ''normal'' lines to compete with 335i - S4/5, 550i - S6/7.

On the side note: seems like the new 3.0 bi turbo diesel gets introduced today with A6 Avant.
    Great news.
    http://auto.t-online.de/audi-a6-avan...46405740/index

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    Wrong. RS lines compete with M/AMG. S lines used to be somewhere in the middle but they figured out it was mistake so they bring them down to be top of the ''normal'' lines to compete with 335i - S4/5, 550i - S6/7.

On the side note: seems like the new 3.0 bi turbo diesel gets introduced today with A6 Avant.
    Great news.
    http://auto.t-online.de/audi-a6-avan...46405740/index
    darkop,

In the UK we have the M/Sport version of BMW which is not to be confused with the M version, the M/Sport is the equivalent to Audi's S-Line. In the past the S model competed with the M and AMG, while the RS version was a level above both of them, this has now all changed with RS competing directly with M and AMG which has up until now left the S model in between the regular BMW and Merc models and their M and AMG performance versions with regards to the output it offers, i.e. 335i has 306hp and the S4 has 333hp. In my opinion this should continue, but that is only my opinion and I have no say in this matter one bit.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity