Thread: RS6 Avant - front brake discs

RS6 Avant - front brake discs

Mine need replaced after 20k miles. is this normal? I took my car in to audi for my 20k service at 19k. THey said my pads were 70% worn and good for another 3-4k miles. I noticed my braking was a bit juddery so ask them to look at it and now they say the discs need replaced due to corrosion. I find this unacceptable. any thoughts?

OEM pads @ 3/4 life are known to kill rotors.

However, discs needing replaced due to corrosion sounds odd.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

thats what i thought - seems odd that they are corroded. whats the normal life expectancy of the discs? i don't drive them heavy. I'd be keen to hear from other drivers who have experienced the same problem? Audi quoted me £1100 for two front discs and pads. after lots of moaning they dropped it down to £900.
    I do remember not long after picking up the rs6 from new on dec 08 that the discs started to look rusty, they squealed a lot too particularly when its warm day - i thought the discolouration was part of the look. Maybe the discs have been suspect all along.

johnhailstone update your location so others close to you can chime in. I take it your from Great Britain due to the prices and that your Avant is a C6? Grizz over at Unit 20 may be a good place to try as he was selling rotors and almost half those prices for a C6 last year. www.unit20.org I can't remember his location, I think he was in the North Wales area?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    johnhailstone update your location so others close to you can chime in. I take it your from Great Britain due to the prices and that your Avant is a C6? Grizz over at Unit 20 may be a good place to try as he was selling rotors and almost half those prices for a C6 last year. www.unit20.org I can't remember his location, I think he was in the North Wales area?
    Isle of man?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Sorry Roy - I'm not too used to this forum. I am based in Glasgow, Scotland.

I'll check Unit 20.

Much appreciated.