Thread: Is this kind of CYA normal?

Is this kind of CYA normal?

My car is at Hoehn Audi (after a bad experience at my local indy...whole 'nuther story) for thermostat repair under warranty. I asked if they would install venair and here's his reply:

First, regarding the hoses we do not work with any other aftermarket company other than STaSIS engineering. If we are going to be installing a set of aftermarket hoses there would be no warranty towards the parts or labor on this. Due to fitment requirements and manufacturing processes we cannot guarantee their proper operation or secure fitment so if they were to come loose in operation we would not be able to warranty the expense of diagnosis or repair as needed. Do you know how many hoses this will include and their location?>>
    > >
    They can't install 6 hoses without this kind of disclaimer???

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

It is totally standard CYA trust me

But on the other side, you would not beleive how many people want to bring in some junkyard used parts, or some performance part and have it installed and have us warranty everything about it.

Or have the dealer pay for a new part because the one they brought in was no good

Normal 100%.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

We will get that done with Chris.

Segue:
    So what did they say about the I/C?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

it's certainly understandable. If some non-Audi part fails and there is more damage as a result then they cannot cover the cost and the home company, Audi, would not take on that expense.

I doubt much could go wrong with hoses! Either they fit or they don't.

My dealer offered to install KW's coilovers without any concerns about non-Audi parts.

Mike