Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's had their Converter replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Rhino, it is pretty clear what he paid for the services performed. He clearly states what the price of the converter is, and on the link the ACE converters he included it goes straight to the page that says the converter has a one year warranty. Also, just for general forum etiqiette, write like everyone else. Bold and italicized words may make others think you are yelling or upset.
    LOL Kyle, it's the wing isn't it?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I am very sorry, I don't need to apologize for the way I like to type or write in my personal way. If it bothers you is because somebody made it look like that to yourself, by the way, I know how to read, what I ask was for the labor of the Torque Converter remove and install by TOZO. I thimk I made myself clear. Don't make some of us fall in the game of supposed general forum etiquette (check your spell) , have respect to the individualism of human beings. The show must go on.
    Rhino, it is pretty clear what he paid for the services performed. He clearly states what the price of the converter is, and on the link the ACE converters he included it goes straight to the page that says the converter has a one year warranty. Also, just for general forum etiqiette, write like everyone else. Bold and italicized words may make others think you are yelling or upset.

So you apologized, then said you don't need to. Your sentence structure is horrendus and you mis-spell, then critisize me for doing so. And I guess I need to understand you're unique, just like everyone else. Good to see you've been to a broadway show recently - yes, the show must go on, so let's get back ON TOPIC. (that's me being an individual)
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    LOL Kyle, it's the wing isn't it?

No Comment!!!!!!!!!

I only have one thing to say to the RS6 people and Ben Dover.

Here is my take on this.
    There are a lot of people on these forums that speak English as a second language. If you don't learn it in early age then it will show. There are a lot of rules in the English language that doesn't make any sense, but because you learned it when you were a kid it is normal to you.
    Wings.
    I am the last guy who would put a wing on an Audi, but I saw his car and that wing doesn't look that bad in person. I would probable take it off, but it is a nice/expensive piece.
    BTW his car is the cleanest RS6 I've ever seen. Not a single scratch. You could put it on a showroom floor and sell it as new.
    Just saying.......
    05 Cayenne turbo

So you waist your precious time, criticizing others grammar in this informative car forum, and guess what, my mother (R.I.P.) taught me to pay attention first to my mistakes, rather than spending time looking at my fellow human beings defects or errors. By the way, thanks for the constructive criticism regarding my way of typing, however, to get back on track to the information I was looking for was the charges for the removal and installation of the TC, not the cost of the part. If you have more information related to this, then get back to me. Thank You Very Much and God Bless You.
    So you apologized, then said you don't need to. Your sentence structure is horrendus and you mis-spell, then critisize me for doing so. And I guess I need to understand you're unique, just like everyone else. Good to see you've been to a broadway show recently - yes, the show must go on, so let's get back ON TOPIC. (that's me being an individual)

way off topic...

Rhino... eat lunch at "On the Border"? hahahaha

we used to stop there for lunch on the way back to school (marquette)... that was about 15 years ago, but... it was a good break during the drive.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

I believe you just confused me with somebody that had lunch there with your co-pilot sometime back. I don't ride that area, I am in the area that hunt Cold Cubs so Packers can make warm Bear upholstery for their RS6's by the Great Lakes. Sorry, wrong beast.

Sorry, but the bold type is a little annoying.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

+3 on the bold type. Sorry- I'm old and my eyes don't like adjustments...00
    Last edited by MaxRS6; March 8th, 2011 at 02:26.
    210K miles rolled

ummmmm, Me confused....I have turbo's on the brain.....PSI, bar, rocket....uhhhh from what I know most mechanics that are familiar with RS6's can drop tranny w/o dropping the engine, so stay away from audi dealership(sorry Yokust), but I know my mechanic would charge me $700.00 for labor. Not sure if that is average for local Indy mechanics.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

If the cheapest you can get the OEM converter for is $1000.00, and you can get the ACE for $424.50. Why would you buy the OEM one? Does anyone think that the OEM converter is that much better. I just want to know for whenever I buy a new one.

OEM is definitively not better than ACE.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Hey Speed, I think this can be pretty common to do using the transverse bar method. Yokust could jump in here, but I am confident that this job is easier (but longer) if you drop the motor. If you have a warranty, mine-as-well have the insurance company pay for the full service. I have a local indy transmission shop here and they have done many audi transmissions, but not an RS6. Showed him the car on a lift, as well as some quick pics (thanks all), and he is pretty confident that he can do it for under $800 labor. Not sure yet what I will do. I wish he had RS6 experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    ummmmm, Me confused....I have turbo's on the brain.....PSI, bar, rocket....uhhhh from what I know most mechanics that are familiar with RS6's can drop tranny w/o dropping the engine, so stay away from audi dealership(sorry Yokust), but I know my mechanic would charge me $700.00 for labor. Not sure if that is average for local Indy mechanics.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Good, then, don't use it. This forums are not for grammar classes. Thank God We are in USA...

LOL- Uhhhhh- Hmmmm- Uhhhhhh- Class Class- Hush now- Not sure being on the forum qualifies as being within the USA borders. However; I digress and drink too much. Cheers!
    210K miles rolled

Yes the trans can be taken out without removing the motor, I have done it twice. BUT I do not like doing it that way. It only saves maybe an hour at best, and is alot harder of work. I can pull the motor replace trans or tc in one day, as long as everything goes smoothly.

And personally, soon as you have the turbo studs break off in the turbo, or pull the threads from the turbo (which happens alot), you are pulling the motor anyways. Or when you find the coolant leaks or anything else, the motor is out and items can be addressed easily.

But again, I am not knocking anyone who likes to do it any way. I just personally have worked on enough of them and seen enough problems that I prefer to do it this way now