Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with R8 GT production?

What's wrong with R8 GT production?

I know there are some Audi experts on this forum.

Can anybody tell me why Audi postpones the production of R8 GT? I've been told that the car won't be possible to delivery until this MAY. According to the previous info for the buyers I believed that we can take this car before March. Is there any kind of hidding issue about it? or is there any "normal customer" has got the car from NSU?

Just a bit nervous.....
    Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

It's a very special car, so - without knowing -I would presume there's a shortage of special parts somewhere. Carbon fiber bits?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

doubtful. you guys are spoiled. what difference does 2 months make?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    doubtful. you guys are spoiled. what difference does 2 months make?
    The reason why I am asking is that even the German dealer cannot know why the production schedule has been delayed. No further message or information from NSU can be confirmed . Is that normal about Audi production?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    It's a very special car, so - without knowing -I would presume there's a shortage of special parts somewhere. Carbon fiber bits?
    I heard a rumor from NSU that Audi is still trying DSG on the R8 GT platform. GT may be the pre-production series for the next generation R8......

the GT is a done deal. sounds like they are just sourcing and tooling up what they need for production. there really is nothing so majorly different from the V10 that it would be related to mechanical development/components. DSG will not exist as an option on this car. you are right that the next R8 may be an evolution of the current car with the repackaging that may allow a DSG to fit but this would not have anything to do with GT production itself.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

when do you think MKII is due?
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gnomik007 View Post
    when do you think MKII is due?
    presentation in concept or production form in CY 2014 and in production shortly after. i predict in Paris that year. i expect to see the new gallardo a year before that or even in CY 2012!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Chuangs4 View Post
    I know there are some Audi experts on this forum.

Can anybody tell me why Audi postpones the production of R8 GT? I've been told that the car won't be possible to delivery until this MAY. According to the previous info for the buyers I believed that we can take this car before March. Is there any kind of hidding issue about it? or is there any "normal customer" has got the car from NSU?

Just a bit nervous.....
    Mine will go in to production next friday. Delivery will be somewhere around week 19.
    RATTRacing.com

I doubt we will see a DSG on the next R8.
    I expect the Aventador gearbox to be the gearbox of future R8 and Gallardo successor.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by auditt View Post
    Mine will go in to production next friday. Delivery will be somewhere around week 19.
    That's quite a big news to me. The dealer told me that mine would be the first few ones to be into production. It might be very soon to get the message from Germany. Do you know your chassis number?

That's quite a big news to me. The dealer told me that mine would be the first few ones to be into production. It might be very soon to get the message from Germany. Do you know your chassis number?
    It ends with ...900024
    RATTRacing.com

remember that many things can cause a later order to take longer than an earlier one- i.e.audi exclusive options, market
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

My GT is finished in production and now awates quality controll. I will be able to get it around week 20. I´ll pick up the car in Ingolstadt just for fun and to visit the factory and the museum. The downside with this is that I have to wait 1-2 weeks longer.
    RATTRacing.com

Quote Originally Posted by auditt View Post
    My GT is finished in production and now awates quality controll. I will be able to get it around week 20. I´ll pick up the car in Ingolstadt just for fun and to visit the factory and the museum. The downside with this is that I have to wait 1-2 weeks longer.
    That's COOL dude....but how can you know about the process of production such detailly? Dose your dealer tell you? My german dealer just told me that they will be informed about the delivery of my car in 2 weeks but no more details. Anyway please share some pics with us if you take the car.

That's COOL dude....but how can you know about the process of production such detailly? Dose your dealer tell you? My german dealer just told me that they will be informed about the delivery of my car in 2 weeks but no more details. Anyway please share some pics with us if you take the car.
    Yes, info from my dealer. I actually got about the same info when I boght my A5 SB about a year ago.
    RATTRacing.com

We demand delivery and roadtrip pictures!!!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    We demand delivery and roadtrip pictures!!!
    I'll just second that.