Exclamation Top gear 16/05: RS5 vs M3

Why are using the RS5 with the 19s..

07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
    Why are using the RS5 with the 19s..

to offset crappy roads in UK!
    that's standard specs in Britain, which I don't see any problem with! the ride is probably a lot better!

Funny to see the MB C63 AMG is the fastest of them
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Funny to see the MB C63 AMG is the fastest of them
    I believe that was E63 AMG...

07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

OK, thanks. And on dry.

Banned
    i was very supprised to see the new M3 that has been made to go slower round a track showing up the rs5, and had to laugh at the rs5 handleing like the bentley jeremy was driving in last weeks show
    Last edited by BauMdiWfan; February 21st, 2011 at 11:17.

I didn't even need to watch this video...

Well...that sucked. I honestly thought that the RS 5 would get a better laptime than the M3 on those conditions.

Come on, you didn' really expect anything serious from Top Gear?

Everything, from series 1 episode 1 to this moment is all jokes, jokes and more jokes.

If Clarkson said a Renault Clio 1.2 diesel was a better car it would easily post a better lap time

Whats really annoying is how fast did he jump over entire shoot out and even presenting those lap times!! Obviously he doesn't care at all about both these cars (not to say companies)!! Seems like if someone just payed him to get over it as it's been a while since both cars were in the market w/out proper TG test! Shame! Whenever something as remotely new from Jag or AM shows up, one can be sure it's gonna be in next TG episode!
    That's probably something which lays much deeper down in whole British - German animosity, but this guy will never admit that the best cars come from same Germany. Period. And that also from those two manufacturers that he so full-heartedly hate and tries to mock everytime he puts their car to test.
    It would have been funny if it's not just sad.

I find it interesting that he (funny old man) was able to stay on the ass of that M3 in a race vs. the stig (pro racing driver) in a car which they later sad was much slower around the track...

Banned
    there was a few guys i know at the test track that day, on invitation only(even though they had to pay a small morgage to attend!), they said the shoot took all day and in fact the audi was in the pits loads of times to try different tyres and set ups as the m3 was running rings round it! they also made the m3 slow down to make the shoot out more entertaining! also the shoot or race was filmed in parts, you can see this as some parts the audi is behind the M3 and other parts its miles back. and for the eagle eyed viewers the M3 was running summer part slick tyres, hense the complete lack of grip and sliding every where!

Quote Originally Posted by BauMdiWfan View Post
    there was a few guys i know at the test track that day
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Of course.
    You got it before me...

Though I am disappointed from the result. From what I've seen earlier the RS5 havn't had this much of understeer before. And yes it was damp, but didn't the RS4 B7 put down a 1,25-something when it was tested? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Banned
    the lap time for the RS4 was 1.25.7, i have the list here
    1:25.3 - BMW M3 (E90 Sedan)
    1:25.7 - Lotus Evora
    1:25.7 - Audi RS4

or if you want the track times for the spain test track it looks like this
    2.38.9 - BMW M3
    2.43.0 - merc c63 AMG
    2.43.9 - Audi RS4

this raises a question with me
    i have been on the look out for a new car lately, i am after a fast car that looks really good. i have always thought audis of late look ok and have a nice solid feel to them,(minus the drug dealer wheels they are all carrying these days) you know what i meen!
    anyway i have been after a medium and size sports car and i am looking at loads of reviews and web videos of a few, the 1s that have caught my eye are the R8 and rs4/rs5, so i have a couple of videos to help me decide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD5nZvkgzqA
    i think this video shows if you want a fast car then its got to be the superior M5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY
    again in this video the rs4 gets a kicking from the M3

even top gear last night was showing the bmw as the best sports car ever, and jeremy said the best car is the M3 and always would be!
    so shall i just get an M car and not worry if i bought an audi that i would always feel like i made the wrong choice when an m3/m5 drives past?

LoL, dude, if you love BMW so much, just go and buy one, not only will you have a car with "drug dealer wheels", you will have a car made with drug dealers in mind

Back ontopic, didn't anyone notice at the begining of this episode of top gear where Clarkson said something like : "rear wheel drive is really bad when the weather is bad, ask any BMW driver" hahah