Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: What is "Snap, Shit"?

Question: What is "Snap, Shit"?

Answer:

The noises from under the hood of Ben916's RS6 as he torqued down the LAST bolt on his new coil pack install...

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

HAHAHAHA! At least he didn't drop anything into the turbo this time.
    Ben, you need a red phone direct to the pat cave.

Ah, there is nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment to be utterly destroyed in a millisecond with a single sound of threads being snapped with 75 in/lb on the coilpack bolt...
    (I had called Pat about the tq spec on the Apikol, but he was in the middle of a lake sliding around in a 944)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    HAHAHAHA! At least he didn't drop anything into the turbo this time.
    Ben, you need a red phone direct to the pat cave.
    There's a downpipe swap scheduled at the Pat cave this weekend that may interest you
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    There's a downpipe swap scheduled at the Pat cave this weekend that may interest you
    Indeed it does. Pat gets things done.

Are you guys going with the bung-relocation route or the program around it route?

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Indeed it does. Pat gets things done.

Are you guys going with the bung-relocation route or the program around it route?
    He has the APR file, so no relocation necessary.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

We have a full day.....New downpipes, O2 sensors, spark plugs, injector o-rings and coil packs.

Sounds romantic...

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Sounds romantic...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Sounds romantic...
    I am just gonna go ahead, mkay, and leave this one alone...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Sounds romantic...
    oh hell. My wife is already having a field day with this. So I tell her "I am heading down to Pat's to do some work to the beast". She says "isn't that cute, you guys getting together the week of valentines day, is there something your hiding from me". So I tell her she's a freak.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Tell me about it. When I was checking my smart phone every 5 seconds when all you nice fellas were sending me information/advice when I was buying my RS6, my husband kept needling me, "are you talking to your new gearhead boyfriends again?" (I'll be sure and remember that the next time he spends the whole day at West Marine buying stuff for his boat...)

In any event, I can think of things that would be far less romantic than spending a whole day working on an RS6 (*winks*).

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    oh hell. My wife is already having a field day with this. So I tell her "I am heading down to Pat's to do some work to the beast". She says "isn't that cute, you guys getting together the week of valentines day, is there something your hiding from me". So I tell her she's a freak.
    On my birthday no less.....Rachel asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I had to let her know I already had plans.

I'll bring the beer. Rachel can join us! I'm sure this is exactly what she wants to do with her Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    On my birthday no less.....Rachel asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I had to let her know I already had plans.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

my husband kept needling me
    Just curious: are you female? In any event, cheers on the new purchase and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Just curious: are you female? In any event, cheers on the new purchase and welcome to the club!
    Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    Ya think?
    I do...but I asked b/c I assume nothing. These days we have gay marrige in DC and several other states last I checked - so you never know. I'll go on record thinking it's cool to have female gearheads among us

Yes ,for the record I do not have a Y chromosome. Some of us girls love cars too! Totally loving my RS6...when I can manage to pry the keys out of my husband's death grip. He didn't even want me to buy the beast and now he begs me to drive it every day...go figure!