Thread: Question: What is "Snap, Shit"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04838307_006..jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	11016

And here's my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Yes ,for the record I do not have a Y chromosome. Some of us girls love cars too! Totally loving my RS6...when I can manage to pry the keys out of my husband's death grip. He didn't even want me to buy the beast and now he begs me to drive it every day...go figure!
    He will have to get his own...
    The begging could be useful when mods/upgrades are on the horizon...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    He will have to get his own...
    The begging could be useful when mods/upgrades are on the horizon...
    Eeeeexcellent, Smithers! Will keep that tip in the hip pocket for sure.

Eeeeexcellent, Smithers! Will keep that tip in the hip pocket for sure.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Your car matches mine vitalian. Maybe ill see you around town. Did you buy it directly from Barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by eurotunedrs6 View Post
    Your car matches mine vitalian. Maybe ill see you around town. Did you buy it directly from Barrier?
    Yes, and spent a whole day dickering with them.

Glad you like the car. As a side note my wife drives our E55 AMG (that I have a secret tune file installed) and I can hardly ever get the keys from her. "go put miles on your car" is the common phrase or "give me the keys to your car" the other quote.

I typically only see the car when it needs washed, detailed or serviced. But I get my moneys worth. hehe

Yes ,for the record I do not have a Y chromosome. Some of us girls love cars too! Totally loving my RS6...when I can manage to pry the keys out of my husband's death grip. He didn't even want me to buy the beast and now he begs me to drive it every day...go figure!

A little off topic. Does anyone knows if does exist windows that are capable of becoming black at a switch of a button? How much does it cost and what company makes them?
    I saw some years ago a Citroen prototype to this technology and i was wondering about that.
    I imagined a cop stoping me and saying why do you have black windows and before i stopped switched them to clear visibily and saying: no sir i do not have something like that)))

I know it is POSSIBLE, as they have made flexible LCD panels in labs. It would be pretty fragile, though.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Oh they are very possible and in use today but a custom set would cost a fortune. The Boeing 787 airliner has them instead of slide up/slide down window shades. Some upper end office buildings have them. A certain high level Microsoft exec has them on his house on Lake Washington.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Oh they are very possible and in use today but a custom set would cost a fortune. The Boeing 787 airliner has them instead of slide up/slide down window shades. Some upper end office buildings have them. A certain high level Microsoft exec has them on his house on Lake Washington.
    Exactly, and in all those applications, the material is in between panes of glass or pc. The only viable way, as you said, would be for a custom dual-pane window made for our cars, with the material in between. That would be outrageously expensive. Just like up-armoring our cars(I got bored one day in Iraq and got a quote).

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Exactly, and in all those applications, the material is in between panes of glass or pc. The only viable way, as you said, would be for a custom dual-pane window made for our cars, with the material in between. That would be outrageously expensive. Just like up-armoring our cars(I got bored one day in Iraq and got a quote).
    How much to armor?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    How much to armor?
    Haha, do you really want to know??? IIRC, it was around 80-100k for the full package for up to .45cal pistol or 5.56 rifle(non-AP). This included all windows and sunroof, doors, window frames, roof liner, floorboards, engine compartment, trunk and boot were extra. Uprated suspension to handle the extra weight, armored tires. Their armor and glass is proprietary, and a good deal lighter than Conventional. They can make their glass to the same thickness as regular glass.

They also Increase engine output so that the car still has the same power to weight ratio as before.

www.armormax.com

It isn't black but I guess it has been installed in cars before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_glass
    "Smart glass has been used in some small-production cars. The Ferrari 575 M Superamerica had an electrochromic roof as standard, and the Maybach has a PDLC roof as option. Some Polyvision Privacy Glass has been applied in the Maybach 62 car for privacy protection purposes."

Thank you guys. I really want that in a car, it's fantastic because i need my privacy in a car, especially when are girls involved...
    Maybe in the future cars will be like this, like the new SLK, all windows to be like the sunroof...