Thread: Big off topic thread...question on a car dealer in WA

Big off topic thread...question on a car dealer in WA

anyone on board here ever heard of Detroit Autoworks in Seattle WA? If you have, good shop, etc?
    TIA
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Never heard of them but I'm about 60 miles south of Seattle and do most of my own work.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    anyone on board here ever heard of Detroit Autoworks in Seattle WA? If you have, good shop, etc?
    TIA
    Im gonna go out on a limb and say this is for a friend?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Lol, no....pour moi. Found an nice example of 996 TT. They did some sweet u/g with a great price. I am not buying until I sell my S8... Just curious....oh yeah my wife does not want to discuss cars anymore with, so it's all of you.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Yeah, saw that. That's cool, I don't mind our little car chats.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I also live in the area but haven't heard of them. I could ask around if you would like. From what I have heard at work there are a lot of good Porsche shops in the area.

would u mind? I am looking at several 996's TT....they have a nice one, and since I would be buying over phone, I tend to try and find out alot about it.

If anything comes up in Phoenix. LMK

I can give a good PPI. You would just need to have it scanned for over rev counts.

assuming u would 'test' drive it for me

Uhhhh.....yes

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    assuming u would 'test' drive it for me

be my guest........

Detroit Autoworks has an "F" rating from the BBB, but that doesn't necessarily mean much for a small dealership -- all it takes is a couple of complaints to send the rating downhill. Still, it is cause for caution.

I sent a query out to a couple of my local Seattle motorhead friends -- will let you know if I hear anything.

vitialian is in Seattle area
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ty vitalian....honestly buying a car over the Internet is daunting enough, and even if it's a small shop, F rating puts me off. I found another version in Fl.

Glad to help. Also glad you found another car. I'll still let you know if I hear anything back from my buddies. Good luck with the shopping!

Stephen - there should be several near me on the market ( I think they give them out with the mega-mansions when the folks move down from the cold), let me know if you either want me to put a call in to a few folks ( buyers and dealers) or check any out out.... I've got a great guy for a PPI.

I looked at a few briefly but decided in my situation it was just too Cliche

Cheers

E
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

Appreciate that Erich, and I may take u up on that. I have 2 tire kickers on the S8 now, and ideally will pull trigger when S8 sells.
    Ty