Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi RS5 Facelift

Last edited by mccobr; September 12th, 2011 at 22:24.

Pictures some pics...

I'm not sure what to say...

This is a surprise: Hand-built at the plant in Györ, Hungary
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

DTM

Im not sure if the front will grow on me but not liking it at the moment.

Not happy about the flat bottom steering wheel thing at all, glad they fixed the mistake of not having it but not that i don't have it.

Full details here and more pictures of updated model

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_7176.shtml

Qisha you are the man...

The facelift on this car look stunning... Especially the interior very very CLASSY.... Sooo much better then the M3/C63....

But theres only one thing that i am not happy with an that is people who bought the RS5 an only had it a year or less must be totally GUTTED as this is the first time i can remember that Audi have done this to an RS...

I was thinking of buying the RS5 towards the end of last year an was getting a very good deal (-7% off list of factory order) from my dealer but i was not blown away with it like i was when i first drove the RS4... An if i did go ahead an buy it right now i would have killed my dealer or put it in a brick wall...

The only people that are lucky are in the U.S.... As when it arrives there it will be the New Facelift version....

I am all for new cars an facelifts but so soon is NOT fair... How can Audi do this so quickly to there customers...
    Last edited by RS4 SM; September 14th, 2011 at 01:09.
    Previous cars.... Golf GTi- A4 1.8Tq- S3- S4-V8- M3-V6- TT 3.2q 08'- A4 Cab 2.0T q- A5 3.0TDi q

Quote Originally Posted by RS4 SM View Post
    Qisha you are the man...

The facelift on this car look stunning... Especially the interior very very CLASSY.... Sooo much better then the M3/C63....

But theres only one thing that i am not happy with an that is people who bought the RS5 an only had it a year or less must be totally GUTTED as this is the first time i can remember that Audi have done this to an RS...

I was thinking of buying the RS5 towards the end of last year an was getting a very good deal (-7% off list of factory order) from my dealer but i was not blown away with it like i was when i first drove the RS4... An if i did go ahead an buy it right now i would have killed my dealer or put it in a brick wall...

The only people that are lucky are in the U.S.... As when it arrives there it will be the New Facelift version....

I am all for new cars an facelifts but so soon is NOT fair... How can Audi do this so quickly to there customers...
    Ye dont feel great about it, love my car but outdated in 7months..

Also if the service I received from the dealer and from audi aus about issues with my car on delivery are anything to go by, im not suprised!

I am really sorry to hear that my friend... Thats JUST NOT ON....!!!!

If i was you i would SQUEEZE your dealer an Audi Auz HARD....

After all you did pay for the car an its NOT any old Audi its an RS...

Good luck with it... Keep us posted...
    Previous cars.... Golf GTi- A4 1.8Tq- S3- S4-V8- M3-V6- TT 3.2q 08'- A4 Cab 2.0T q- A5 3.0TDi q

The problem with RS cars now is that they are no longer special made vehicles from Quattro at neckersalm, they are just massed produced cars just as M series and AMG cars now are. They used to be limited run vehicles however in order to compete with BMW and Merc they just churn them out now.

Quote Originally Posted by giarc View Post
    Ye dont feel great about it, love my car but outdated in 7months..

Also if the service I received from the dealer and from audi aus about issues with my car on delivery are anything to go by, im not suprised!
    I am only vaguely pi$$ed off, but it's such a small thing - the lights just arent that big an improvement (are they an improvement at all??? - jury's out on that one), and the only other significant difference is the steering wheel - another ho-hum.

You cant put too much stock in the Fourtitude and other articles - the press release is just the regurgitated specs of the previous RS5.

Let's be honest - the engine is the same (and it's awesome already). The body width is the same - no bigger flared wheel arches that the RS4 guys moaned about. Ride height - same. Exhaust - same. Drive train, transmission, brakes, power output - same. sames, same, same. Interior - same.

(RS4SM: it was already classy - you could get everything in the previous version that you've seen in this one, even custom red inlays - UGH - if you wanted to. The red sports buckets were also a tick-the-box option in the previous model. If it wasnt for the steering wheel, you would drive the facelifted version, and the prior version, and find they are exactly the same car - if you werent "blown away before, you wont be now either.)

So what's to be disappointed about??? What have I missed???

And on the bright side, I've been driving this awesome car, which I absolutely LOVE, for seven months, and all those people sitting around waiting for imaginary 4.2TT's and some great revolution in design - which never came - have NOT. (Sorry U.S. guys - nothing's come to you yet - now that seems unfair.) That's not meant to sound like gloating - it's just that this "facelift" is a bit of an anti-climax in contrast to all the forum hype, rumours and expectations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS5_OldandNew..jpg 
Views:	4254 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	11717
    Front end comparison pic...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRisk View Post

Yours is such a badass... The facelift is just a big letdown! Almost a ''BMW-SCREW_UP""...

The S5 does look better than the RS5 and I reckon the reason for this is that on the RS5 the vents below the headlights are marginally bigger than on the S5 and in turn make the headlights look disproportionally smaller on the RS5.

Maybe this opinion will reverse when I see the new look RS5 in person but it's how I feel at the moment. Though unlike darkop I don't think anything Audi do could be a bad as what BMW has done with it's 1 series. That thing is just nasty.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRisk View Post

Yep...after seeing this just confirms what I think... I'm extremely happy with my eight month old RS5, thank you very much...

Reply for ZeroRisk

>>>>RS4SM: it was already classy - you could get everything in the previous version that you've seen in this one, even custom red inlays - UGH - if you wanted to. The red sports buckets were also a tick-the-box option in the previous model. If it wasnt for the steering wheel, you would drive the facelifted version, and the prior version, and find they are exactly the same car - if you werent "blown away before, you wont be now either.<<<<<

I understand what you me i wont be "blow away" but at least if i got one now it will stay fresh for a good number of years to come....!!!

I just feel that if you were to buy a car of this caliber it should at least stay fresh for a goood feewww years even though as you said the engine an interior are nearly the same...

Your car sure does look "Awesome" but theres something that catches the eye in an out on the facelift which will grab everyone once they see it in person an then all of a sudden the old car starts to look dated....!!!!

But for me nearly is NOT good enough an a facelift in less then a year would piss me well off let alone it would hurt the value of the car badly when you come to sell it an knowing in the back of your head that my car is not new an current in such a short time an thats HURTS...
    Last edited by RS4 SM; September 15th, 2011 at 03:13.

O an please dont think I am Gloting at all or any current RS5 owners...

That is not the case I am just angry at what Audi have done to there loyal customers.... 