Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi RS5 Facelift

2 Fehli
    Same 4.2 V8 450hp.

2 Darkop
    Could be, could be. Nevertheless RS5 will find it's market and buyer, I am sure . Probably I am less focused on marketing appearence of the car but more on driving capabilities .

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    So this proves once more that this car is pure marketing toy and not really a pure bred sports car made with true intention to crush the opposition in any objective way...................They will always stay the followers and let them be it!
    I continue to hear this comment that Audi are followers and not a brand to lead, what exactly does this mean, do they follow BMW or do they follow Mercedes or some other brand? Point is that if you have competitors then at some point you will be playing catch up and with the same token you should be the leader too.

RS3 : Neither BMW or Mercedes have a direct performance hatchback competitor to this car so by that token Audi are the leaders.

TTRS : Neither the Z4 or 1M or the SLK offer something either quicker in a straightline or on the track so again Audi lead.

RS5 : Has shown itself to be quicker on the track more times than not and it's technology is far beyond that in it's competitors. Only it's weight has held this car back from the crushing victories you expected.

A6 : Wiping the floor with the 5 series in the States and winning the majority of comparison test else where. In my opinion the new leader.

A8 : Best in most comparison.

R8 : Still regarded as one of the finest handling cars and winner of EPCotY.

Not much evidence of following there, if anything it's BMW and Mercedes that are falling behind with the possible exception of diesel technology and SUVs present, two things that Audi are now addressing.

P.S.
    The only real area where Audi follow is America and this latest news shows that this will continue to happen whilst they don't rely on it's maket to boost it's Global sales, though you can sort of understand why as Asia has more potential and demands more attention at the moment (another market where they lead rather than followed ).
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I continue to hear this comment that Audi are followers and not a brand to lead, what exactly does this mean, do they follow BMW or do they follow Mercedes or some other brand? Point is that if you have competitors then at some point you will be playing catch up and with the same token you should be the leader too.

RS3 : Neither BMW or Mercedes have a direct performance hatchback competitor to this car so by that token Audi are the leaders.

TTRS : Neither the Z4 or 1M or the SLK offer something either quicker in a straightline or on the track so again Audi lead.

RS5 : Has shown itself to be quicker on the track more times than not and it's technology is far beyond that in it's competitors. Only it's weight has held this car back from the crushing victories you expected.

A6 : Wiping the floor with the 5 series in the States and winning the majority of comparison test else where. In my opinion the new leader.

A8 : Best in most comparison.

R8 : Still regarded as one of the finest handling cars and winner of EPCotY.

Not much evidence of following there, if anything it's BMW and Mercedes that are falling behind with the possible exception of diesel technology and SUVs present, two things that Audi are now addressing.

P.S.
    The only real area where Audi follow is America and this latest news shows that this will continue to happen whilst they don't rely on it's maket to boost it's Global sales, though you can sort of understand why as Asia has more potential and demands more attention at the moment (another market where they lead rather than followed ).
    RS3: Direct rushed response on BMW's 1M. They made it quickly and covered all marketing nonsense from Munich with this product, with arguable success.

TTRS: Good try but with mixed reviews. I have to agree that this one is a peach, but for almost the same money would definitely get a Cayman S. No comparisons here.

RS5: Made to be direct competitor to M5 e92 but too little too late. By the time it was introduced the world has changed and lame response from almost 95% of critics proved this. Although I have tried hard to make point to myself, there is no denial that something was ''half hearted'' there...

A6: Only wipes the floor with the top of the range 3.0tfsi. Specced it modestly, with 3.0tdi, 2.4fsi or 2.0tdi and it would have been nowhere. Biggest letdown that it still doesn't have V8 tt option, after more than 4 years that BMW and Mercs have been offering such. That is a big ''catching up'' there.

A8: No denial that overall best in class, but with modest styling and a lack of latest engine technology just misses a greater picture.

R8: Great handling car and that's it. Nothing that stands out as a real technological pioneering. Engines used are always detuned versions of what you can find in Lambos. Aluminium subframe - taken from Lambo. Only briefly bested the 997 Carrera but only until the 997.1 arrived and restored the reign. Also, 4.2 was quite regularly beaten by lesser M3 e92.

What they do in States is direct insult for sanity. I am really sorry for those people and really understand their frustration. Although, 75% of their population, sorry to say this, is not really aware or have very limited knowledge about latest automotive technology. They still live in world of big 7 liter engines that produce 50hp on occasion. Audi knows this and is taking advantage of it, enjoying huge sales success month by month.

As you can see, I have really lost patience with Audi. Can't really stand behind and defend them anymore when they do nothing to back my support. Even in design, once their #1 strength by miles, they have become questionable and now you can see flops with even that, here and there.

holy wars . AK74 vs M16, more or less the same .
    generally I fully agree with Joker with the only exception of new A8 which is definetely miss positioned in the market and seems to suffer from this at certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    RS3: Direct rushed response on BMW's 1M. They made it quickly and covered all marketing nonsense from Munich with this product, with arguable success.

How can it be in direct reaction to the 1M which in itself is a direct rival to the TT. If you think about it the A3 platform produced the TT (in a roundabout way) and the same is true for the 1 series coupe which shares it's underpinnings with the hatchback which I might add doesn't offer an RS3 rival. So sorry to disagree with your opinion here.

TTRS: Good try but with mixed reviews. I have to agree that this one is a peach, but for almost the same money would definitely get a Cayman S. No comparisons here.

I also love the Cayman but it's lack of AWD and the very fact it is still slower than the TTRS makes it second in my book but I can't argue with you picking it first, but you notice that we have digressed to include Porsche in this debate and not just BMW and Mercedes.

RS5: Made to be direct competitor to M5 e92 but too little too late. By the time it was introduced the world has changed and lame response from almost 95% of critics proved this. Although I have tried hard to make point to myself, there is no denial that something was ''half hearted'' there...

One could argue that the M3 was in response to the RS4 (the then leader) so it all depends on what point in time you look as to who is leading and who is following. Personally I think the RS5 is far superior to that of the M3 or C63, the technology in it's chassis/drivertrain means that you are always in safe hands compared to the others which really do require unquestionably high levels of driving talent to achieve similar results. Another thing, it's lateness is more to do with quattroGmbH's production policies of the past and less to do with Audi failure to react to the M3.

A6: Only wipes the floor with the top of the range 3.0tfsi. Specced it modestly, with 3.0tdi, 2.4fsi or 2.0tdi and it would have been nowhere. Biggest letdown that it still doesn't have V8 tt option, after more than 4 years that BMW and Mercs have been offering such. That is a big ''catching up'' there.

Couldn't disagree more here, all A6 are lightyears ahead of the 5 series, though I share your disappointment regarding the V8tt and as yet the reasons for this delay are unclear but what ever they are it's inexcusable.

A8: No denial that overall best in class, but with modest styling and a lack of latest engine technology just misses a greater picture.

I'm sure the two new engines, the 3.0ttdi and the V8tt will address this.

R8: Great handling car and that's it. Nothing that stands out as a real technological pioneering. Engines used are always detuned versions of what you can find in Lambos. Aluminium subframe - taken from Lambo. Only briefly bested the 997 Carrera but only until the 997.1 arrived and restored the reign. Also, 4.2 was quite regularly beaten by lesser M3 e92.

You could argue that the Gallardo uses more of Audi's expertise than that of Lambo and in turn the items you mentioned, engine and aluminium spaceframe were developed by Audi. As of the Carrera restoring it's reign I question that opinion, there is drama and a sense of theatre with the R8 that isn't present in either the Porsche or M3 and the only reason the M3 will win is on either price or practicality not ability.

What they do in States is direct insult for sanity. I am really sorry for those people and really understand their frustration. Although, 75% of their population, sorry to say this, is not really aware or have very limited knowledge about latest automotive technology. They still live in world of big 7 liter engines that produce 50hp on occasion. Audi knows this and is taking advantage of it, enjoying huge sales success month by month.

I blame their move into Asia for this more than anything.

As you can see, I have really lost patience with Audi. Can't really stand behind and defend them anymore when they do nothing to back my support. Even in design, once their #1 strength by miles, they have become questionable and now you can see flops with even that, here and there.

I still feel their designs and styling lead the way and surprise you feel this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozg
    holy wars . AK74 vs M16, more or less the same . generally I fully agree with Joker with the only exception of new A8 which is definetely miss positioned in the market and seems to suffer from this at certain areas.
    Not a war I hope, just a disagreement of opinion. We will leave that behaviour to the members of BMW forums.

^ The thing about including Porsche into this debate is a product of my serious thinking about all these brands: Audi, BMW, MB.
    Problem with each one of them, and I realized that, is that you really have to specced them right in order to be attractive (to me). So a top shelf configuration with high orientation towards sportiness. And yet, there is none of the cars from Porsche that I wouldn't buy, being an SUVs or a small Boxters. Even cheapest models with 2.9l B-6 would be enough and you would be aware of that you're driving a Porsche, with a constant smile on your face. You don't have to spend millions. And there is no argument about the price. A FWD 2.0 TT costs almost the same as a Boxster. Who is kidding whom here?! I have tried to ignore this long time, but it's true. The cars from that trio are overpriced and not worthy of our money. If you need a family car - go buy a fully specced Nissan Altima with all the goodies from Germans and keep few bucks to buy the only real thing that would fulfill your urge to enjoy the driving... For very decent price.

^ I can't deny what you say here, driving any from a small boxster to the big heavy Cayenne and anything in-between all feel like a Porsche and do put a smile on your face compared to the other three. But then again they are trying to appeal to a much narrower customer base of which you clearly are with all models have a definite sporty tilt to them that isn't present with all of the models only some from either Audi, BMW or Mercedes who are more mainstream.

What do you think the RS5 Facelift will release at the IAA, or is it still a bit early?
    If we assume that you can order him in November/December, hmmm

Dear Friends,

sorry for not posting more often lately.

Well what is to say... ...you might like to know, with the Facelift the flat Bottom Steering Wheel returns.

Qisha

Any idea when it will be coming Qisha.....
    Previous cars.... Golf GTi- A4 1.8Tq- S3- S4-V8- M3-V6- TT 3.2q 08'- A4 Cab 2.0T q- A5 3.0TDi q

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Well what is to say... ...you might like to know, with the Facelift the flat Bottom Steering Wheel returns.

Qisha
    So happy for the future owners....hope the car will also improve on all its lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Qisha
    Im not sure what other RS5 owners think but im fairly annoyed that my 6 month old car is having a facelift, not to mention getting flat bottom steering wheel that every rs\r8 has had except for the rs5.

I'd like a recall and my flat bottom steering wheel fitted....

PS: it will pretty much look like this but handier and perforated.

2 Qisha

Anything else new on top of flat bottom wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by giarc View Post
    Im not sure what other RS5 owners think but im fairly annoyed that my 6 month old car is having a facelift, not to mention getting flat bottom steering wheel that every rs\r8 has had except for the rs5.

I'd like a recall and my flat bottom steering wheel fitted....
    well legally any manufacturer can change whatever they want as whatevre time. now commercially adn psychologically to RS5 owners..... its full of shit.... havign said that lets first wait to see if the facelift version is so good, becasue we might all think at the end that we prefer our current RS5./ not all facelifts are an improvement. I ll be honest I don't like the bottom bumpers of facelift on S5. its totally ugly (the part that goes around the fog lights is awfull). but I recognize the new lights are good.... so it all depends what will be the rs5 facelift bumper.

by the way for your flat bottom steerign wheel. I can fix that easility I 've sold quite some steering wheels to RS5 owners and make them plug and play. its gorgeous and best combo is to take the RS3 base as it comes exactly as one would want (air leather+ grey stiching). I then modify the cabling, the logo etc.... and its a perfect fit (plug&play) which we all agree it should have been made standard...

Here is a concrete example:

Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

This is not far off:

awesome... more pictures?

Dash

Thanks Q. I like it.

Looks like intercooler air intakes...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail