Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi RS5 Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised. a harbinger of the next gen. give it same engine and gearbox but kill 300lbs. it would be somewhere between an R8 V8 and V10 except for the weight distribution.
    I reckon it's extremely likely to happen, it mightn't happen straight away with with the facelift model but I bet it will come at the time that the F30 M3 gets launched.

There's fundamentally nothing wrong with the sum of the parts that make up the RS5, in fact I would go as far as to say it's technically the most advanced in this category with the best engine, best gearbox and best chassis, the only thing missing is lightness, the car is crying out to go on a diet. If Audi could help it lose 100-120kg this could be a quite remarkable car to drive.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Any new news about the facelift, to order at August 2011?
    What about the Quote in Swiss?

probably nothing till frankfurt. shanghai and new york are at the same time (in a month).... and if we are lucky we'll see the S6/S7 or S8. but in all reality we may not see any of these. just a hybrid concept of the next A3.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Have Audi accidentally slipped the new A5 interior, or part of it?

Take a look: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11103303...e/highphotos#5

Also photo of tacho/FIS/speedo. Steering wheel also looks like the one found on the mounting-guide..

M
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

haha, could be!! Did you notice the LED strip position on that graphic of the car?

car also seems to have updated center console with built in arm rest and 1 cup holder. Looks much nicer than the current A5 spec

rs4some Well, what do you think i was talking about? That's the only thing changed besides instrument cluster and steering wheel...

Regarding LEDs, it look like they are changed, but i cant tell if it's just a reflection..
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

One of the major questions I have regarding the planned facelift or product improvement, in Audi-speak, of the A/S 5 is with respect to the basic MLB (MLP for the English speaking world). Much has been written about Audi's efforts to reduce product weight and several sources suggest that the A5 e-tron utilizes one of the lightweight platforms featured in Audi's idea factory articles. If that's the case, I am lead to believe that the first stages of Audi's MLB-evo will appear with the planned product improvement. Even a reduction of 100 kgs will have a positive benefit on performance and fuel economy.

well if that is the facelift that means that for RS5 you ll just need to replace the lights and that's it.... good news.... i was fearing for more than that....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

interesting that they are testing an S5 on the ring again. could be an update to 350 hp V6T?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    interesting that they are testing an S5 on the ring again. could be an update to 350 hp V6T?
    Exactly, but probably not with 350 but 333ps .

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    well if that is the facelift that means that for RS5 you ll just need to replace the lights and that's it.... good news.... i was fearing for more than that....
    I think it is not a small Facelift for the RS5 new front new back and inside many new things ...
    I hope I can order him in August/September.
    And the Facelift RS5 comes to the states early 2012, that's why Audi so long wait the bring the Facelift to the US.

Hoping that the new facelift incorporates the new grill and headlight design of the A6. Should also have new interior console as per the image above.

I've heard (from germany) of minor changes. First RS5 FL delivery on september 2012. MMI, lights and that's almost all.

As you can see on a simple S5, no significant changes. They are even going to do less with the RS5, for sure. Just have a look on the TT-RS FL.

First delivery on September 2012, it is to late, I think the first comes in November 2011 in Germany or you means the market in US?
    The new back and the new front becomes the RS5 and I hope for the new MMI with telephone online and google maps?!

Also a video where you can clearly hear there is no more V8 in S5...

I got it confirm from someone who definitely knows and the S5 is getting the v6TFSI. Other interesting info was the basic shape of the new A3 is similar to the current in that the 3dr hatch looks like a hatch and not a 3dr coupe like early suggestions, the same goes for the Sportback.

More interestingly was when I asked about the rumored v8TFSI going into the new S6 he said that the development S6 he seen was running a v10. Your guess is as good as mine about this. As for the bi-turbo diesel, it's now looking to be more likely that the UK will get it in the new year but he added that Audi UK are being tight lipped about there even being a more powerful diesel so maybe this date might come forward within the next few weeks, afterall there's no official statement from Audi that this unit even exsist.

P.S.
    The dual park assist modes are very impressive, this technology has come on greatly in the last couple of years and the car drives remarkably well, the 245hp TDI has plenty on go in it, much more than you would expect.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity