Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW! The car is running AMAZING!

You guys are using windshield washer fluid? I thought you were running 100% meth? You are leaving power on the table if you are not using 100% meth.
    2013 Audi S8

My thoughts as well. If your going to go with a "meth" tune, what's the point in just washer fluid. Now for me, I don't want to have to worry about running out of fluid, so I will not be getting a "meth" tune. Yes leaving power on the table, but also I won't care if I run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    You guys are using windshield washer fluid? I thought you were running 100% meth? You are leaving power on the table if you are not using 100% meth.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    That is quick, seriously quick! Could you do a 0-100 mph run as well?
    I will certainly! I wanted to do it today but the roads are bad again, and they will be for the next 2-3 days.

But i might give it a shot in the snow LOL
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Please explain. Meth is to be cut 50/50 correct? I was told you cant run straight. Plus it is a bit hazardous if there is leak?

But i did find a -49 one yesterday..
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I've been running straight meth in my Turbo since day one. VP's M1 Methanol. Aquamist kit is good for it. No problems. 100% meth gives you better octane AND cooling than WW fluid. No more hazardous than that big tank of gasoline under your ars...
    2013 Audi S8

I've been running straight meth in my Turbo since day one. VP's M1 Methanol. Aquamist kit is good for it. No problems. 100% meth gives you better octane AND cooling than WW fluid. No more hazardous than that big tank of gasoline under your ars...
    guess i'm in need of a new \bottle and some M1 - Look out 3.5!!

The car just keeps getting Faster! Went out to do a 0-100 and the roads had me hanging on to the Wheel to control the car. So I ended up doing a few 0-60 and did 2 3.8 and then a 3.7. I think I should hit a 3.5 very soon!!!

If you run straight 100% meth you need a realt tune for the setup. If you just add straight meth to a car it will add 'knock' and comp will cut down tuning. More fuel is always needed when full meth is being used

Methanol IS fuel. Your A/F will drop about a point if you run 100% meth. You are adding octane AND a cooling medium by spraying 100% meth. You are 100% correct when you say you need a tune to support 100% meth injection.
    2013 Audi S8

I could see if you were mixing Methanol with your fuel directly but if your doing a light spray in your intake to get the cooling and a slight Octane boost then I wouldn't think you would need a special tune. I would think that you could do a special tune to advance your boost or timing at the point of injection but I wouldn't think it would be needed?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I could see if you were mixing Methanol with your fuel directly but if your doing a light spray in your intake to get the cooling and a slight Octane boost then I wouldn't think you would need a special tune. I would think that you could do a special tune to advance your boost or timing at the point of injection but I wouldn't think it would be needed?
    Well, IMO, typically the reason you USE Meth, is to add timing and/or add boost or both, in which case, a tune is needed. If you just wanted octane, there are other products available to give you that edge, if you just want cooling, you can just spray water, in which case no tune is needed, usually, as you are looking to mitigate knock only.
    2013 Audi S8

Its all in the tune and the ability to tune. for now i'm sticking with the washer fulid for saftey and i can get it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Its all in the tune and the ability to tune. for now i'm sticking with the washer fulid for saftey and i can get it anywhere.
    Sounds like a plan to me. Can't wait!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth