Thread: Ran with Mustang Cobra (SC version)

Ran with Mustang Cobra (SC version)

Either the Mustang is MUCH faster than Ford and everyone is advertising or the RS6 is def. not a 12 sec car...I'm beginning to question the car itself or if the OCT chip actually hurt performance.

UPDATE: OCT is sending me an updated Chip. Will dyno with it as well.

Did you do this at a track? Or were you able to find a 1/4 stretch of road someplace? While I don't have the stats in front of me, I do recall the SVT Cobra Mustang running equivalent times as the RS6.
    Last edited by eph94; September 29th, 2003 at 03:24.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Did you do this at a track? Or were you able to find a 1/4 stretch of road someplace? While I don't have the stats in front of me, I do recall the SVT Cobra Mustang running equivalent times as the RS6.
    We did it on a 3 mile stretch at 3:30ish AM. Now don't get me wrong, he didn't pull on me. Off the line, he jumped ahead 1 car (probably due to stick) and stayed 1 car ahead til I reached 3rd gear and I started to gain slowly (but ever so slowly). Considering I have Chip and Exhaust, I would have thought it would have been a bit of a different result.

New chip update is coming this week so I will update you all. If nothing changes, then I will go back to stock.

Re: Ran with Mustang Cobra (SC version)

Originally posted by AvusRS6
    Either the Mustang is MUCH faster than Ford and everyone is advertising or the RS6 is def. not a 12 sec car...I'm beginning to question the car itself or if the OCT chip actually hurt performance.

UPDATE: OCT is sending me an updated Chip. Will dyno with it as well.
    I would expect that to be a VERY close race, chip or no chip. The Cobra runs ~12.9 @ over 111mph in the quarter, and the best time I've seen for the RS 6 is 12.8 @ 108. In other words, to actually "beat" a Cobra, you'd have to get a picture-perfect launch, WITH brake-torquing. Of course, the Cobra driver has to avoid wheelspin, but if he does, the results should be about what you described.

I'm curious - just what did you think the outcome would be?

it's all good

The latest release of the Mustang Cobra's are very fast off the factory floor. The darn thing has close to 400HP, and with miinor mods can easily reach 460+HP.

It's quite possible that the Cobra will beat you, and if you did not lose by much, I think you should be happy.
    We can't beat them all!!!

Actually, nene, with little under $5000 invested with Ford factory performance parts, the Cobra's are pushing around 476-490...at the wheels. And it's way lighter, obviously. Wheelspin is definitely an issue, but once rolling those things are mad mad mad... Not much to look at though.

Fru-T
    Mr. Fru-T-Pants, certifiable Audi addict...

"Delivering fresh produce to your door since the turn of the century..."

I had an "encounter" with a Cobra SVT a coupel of weeks ago. He passed me starting from about 75 mph and things were pretty close. I definitely stayed with him & even gained a little up to about 120, then we both backed off.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Re: Re: Ran with Mustang Cobra (SC version)

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    I would expect that to be a VERY close race, chip or no chip. The Cobra runs ~12.9 @ over 111mph in the quarter, and the best time I've seen for the RS 6 is 12.8 @ 108. In other words, to actually "beat" a Cobra, you'd have to get a picture-perfect launch, WITH brake-torquing. Of course, the Cobra driver has to avoid wheelspin, but if he does, the results should be about what you described.

I'm curious - just what did you think the outcome would be?
    I thought like me next to him and not me behind 1 car most of the time.