Thread: How to log with Vagcom?? Help!

How to log with Vagcom?? Help!

Ok so I'm still new and trying my hardest to learn the Vagcom stuff.
    How do i log with this? What do i need to do? Step?

Car is running great actually but i wanna log and get it tuned to run nails on the dyno.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Also trued to do the Throttle body alignment with the Vagcom but not sure if i am doing it correctly, followed the steps on the Rosstech site but i may have done it wrong as it doesn't say anything about progress or complete..

Thanks in advance guru's
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

When logging for dyno, as much as I know, plug the ob2 into car,assuming u registered it and have the VCDS icon on your laptop. Plug into ob2 port, log in software, go to engine, click measuring blocks, there are 3 spaces, 03,31,115 are the correct measuring blocks....115 boost(actual vs specified), 31 is lambda values per bank, and I think 03 is timing. Once u enter the 3 blocks click in upper right corner turbo button, u are now ready to log. Set up a file using the appropriate keys on the page, it will have a start and stop prompt, u want to measure or capture the data running in 3rd 2500 rpm to WOT. I did the throttle adaptation but I forgot, there is a thread I posted about a month ago, search and it gibes clear step by step
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Thanks!! I did a search but there ends up 5 pages of nonsense
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

VCDS - engine - measuring blocks - pick the blocks then click log then click start. It will save it to C drive/ross-tech/VCDS/logs. You can open it with Excel.
    05 Cayenne turbo

thanks Tozo! heading out as soon as the snow lets up.

Back to what Speedtrapped said on the RS6 you can use the Turbo button which will speed up the sampling rate which is useful. So after you pick the 3 blocks you want to log hit the Turbo button at the top of the screen then hit Log, then hit start when your ready. I get out on a lone road in "S" Mode and shift to 3rd a little early with the paddles then when I'm about 2500 rpm with a slow acceleration hit the start button then floor it and continue to almost Redline if you can then after you let off you can hit the stop button whenever you can, if not it will just keep logging on deceleration which is no big deal. It is easy to look at Group 3 and see when your throttle goes to 100% so you'll know when the data your looking at is relevant. Once you start the full throttle run try to not let off at all throughout the acceleration as timing, fuel, boost (Turbo spool-up) are all affected.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Still crappy out! So i am going to give this a go tomorrow and see what i get as a good base line log.