Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need your data log runs. Stock, Revo, GIAC, MTM

We need your data log runs. Stock, Revo, GIAC, MTM

Everyone,

Still building the master file of different reflashes against the stock setup. Thanks to Chris, Mad Max, Pat, Kyle, James(we need another one from 3000). These folks have sent in the Vag logs and the results look great. Some good information there.

I have logs from stock, OCT, APR, GIAC(not complete), Viper, Eurocharge.

We just need to finish it off with the above noted reflashes. PM me for specifics but the channels are 3,31,115 and we need two types of runs. Standing start wot thru 3rd gear. Then a 2nd or 3rd gear wot pull from 2500 to redline.

Thanks

Bump for data needed.

Anyone have input or data to share?

EPL, MTM, GIAC, Revo files are needed.

Love to help but the Weather here SUCKS!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Yeah, it'll be a while for us too...but you'll get it...
    2013 Audi S8

You should have a few this weekend...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Bad weather? 72 and sunny today. I may go play golf.

On a more serious note...if you guys get me those data logs from EPL ect then I will go out and document some 60-90 or 0-60 or whatever that pbox thingy does for you. ;-)

Josh-have fun this weekend and I hope that weather clears for the event. Dyno and data logs from that event will be awesome. Make sure to get data logs from all the cars on the dyno. The combo is best then compare car to car, dyno to dyno, stock to reflash ect data. Tons of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Bad weather? 72 and sunny today. I may go play golf.

On a more serious note...if you guys get me those data logs from EPL ect then I will go out and document some 60-90 or 0-60 or whatever that pbox thingy does for you. ;-)
    hahaha I went out and bought the Vaginal Com so i can be on par with everyone. LOL

BTW what the heck do i have to Log???

Pbox is eazy Plug it in hit the gas no sience just facts, Just the facts..
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

03,31,115 and make sure u hit turbo button in top right corner before logging......Dave AZ was awesome, only spent monday, but great weather and beautiful landscapes....btw, Cardinal stadium is awesome, oh yeah War Eagle!!!!
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

If I can get a cable, I will do some stock pulls if you need them.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I am willing, yet again the sacrificial bunny, to get the 5 hour REVO test tune.

But there are some problems:
    1. No Vag Com (working on that with John and Wade).
    2. No laptop computer(again, working on that with John and Wade).
    3. MTM TCU chip is still not in... I will call my buddy to see if he can micro soldier it in...
    4. What setting for REVO?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I'll try to get you some Revo data in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight on my way home. Got the car at the Audi dealer having them look at the tranny, hoping my P1857 fault will mean a new tranny or TC at the least before my extended warranty runs out next month. I may even see about running by the AWD Mustang dyno place on the way back if they can fit me in as that should give some real data on health since I'm here in the big city today.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I'll try to get you some Revo data in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight on my way home. Got the car at the Audi dealer having them look at the tranny, hoping my P1857 fault will mean a new tranny or TC at the least before my extended warranty runs out next month. I may even see about running by the AWD Mustang dyno place on the way back if they can fit me in as that should give some real data on health since I'm here in the big city today.
    In the big city with all the snow???!?!?
    Do you happen to remember the settings for your Revo ECU?
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Boost was 7 & Timing was set at 3. I backed it off to 6 & 2 to bring the car to the dealer today but if I am able to get to the Dyno this afternoon I'll bump it up to at least 8 & 5. I'll try to run a Vag log on it at the same time as I brought my laptop with me.
    Roy, WA

That would be great. It would be nice to see the Revo data logs. In the past, the Revo was always liked by the owners that purchased the product. Now that we have some other players to compare....even better. Just remember the log blocks 3,31,115 and select turbo mode before you start the log. Two types of runs are nice to see.

1 Standing start WOT thru 3rd gear.
    2 Rolling 3rd gear pull from 2500-redline. Typical dyno situation.

Both sets of data will clearly show how the car is reacting in all situations.

Ben-if you can get a laptop and are willing to try the Revo test flash then I will send you over my Vag cable. LMK

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    That would be great. It would be nice to see the Revo data logs. In the past, the Revo was always liked by the owners that purchased the product. Now that we have some other players to compare....even better. Just remember the log blocks 3,31,115 and select turbo mode before you start the log. Two types of runs are nice to see.

1 Standing start WOT thru 3rd gear.
    2 Rolling 3rd gear pull from 2500-redline. Typical dyno situation.

Both sets of data will clearly show how the car is reacting in all situations.

Ben-if you can get a laptop and are willing to try the Revo test flash then I will send you over my Vag cable. LMK
    QUESTION!!!!
    How does the ambient temp equate into this mix?
    If Mark does a dyno run AND log run on the streets and the ambient air temp is 30 F degrees using REVO setting of 8/5 - he gets some logs.
    If Ben does a run to log the blocks on the street/freeway (probably Borrego or Julian areas) the ambient temp is different (read as hotter). Also unknown if I can get the REVO to 8/5.

Or is ambient temp a non-issue?

@ cable - def let you know...

Also - What MPH is 3rd gear redline? (sorry, still learning after 4.5 years..)

I'll definitley post the temp when I do my Dyno and my Vagcom log. Believe it or not, it snowed here last night but has warmed up and is 48' out right now looking for a high around 50'or so today. Looks like the dealer can't figure out why my ESP light comes on while accelerating past 80mph hard and doesn't go off again until I decelerate below about 80mph +/- 5 mph. Tranny fault is:
    18265 - Load Signal: Error Message from ECU
    P1857 - 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent
    I sent Tozo some tranny logs, hoping he can narrow it down for me.
    Roy, WA

3rd gear pull tops out just over 90mph

Hold the trans in 3rd with tip and just roll into the throttle hard at 2700rpm and you will not hit kickdown.

Looks like Dave's got a plan

Look forward to the results. Use with care
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail