Thread: Will next gen' RS 6/7 have 4.0 T...?

Will next gen' RS 6/7 have 4.0 T...?

Will next gen' RS 6/7 also be powered with 4.0 T...? And do you guys also think it want have more than 550 hp...?

Who Cares

We U.S. peasants will probably never see it, F'ing AOA.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    We U.S. peasants will probably never see it, F'ing AOA.

funny that cause they are so cheap to buy in the USA, hell everything is

i would expect atleast 420KW if the other germans are anything to go by..(+551hp)

cheers johnnie
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I'm not sure I really understand audi's plan with this. I get that it is far more efficient from a business standpoint to share engine platforms, but if it IS going to be the 4.0t, why wouldn't I just buy the s6 and tune it? I would be pretty pissed if I did buy a c7 rs6 and I was at a light with an s6, and it pulled right with me. Plus the rs6 might come with DRC ! F - that.

I guess I feel our c5 rs6's may be last of a breed where we have an exclusive engine.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I'm not sure I really understand audi's plan with this. I get that it is far more efficient from a business standpoint to share engine platforms, but if it IS going to be the 4.0t, why wouldn't I just buy the s6 and tune it?
    I'm sure some Europeans thought the same thing about the B5 RS 4/S4 tuned...

Me, I hope it DOES have the 4.0T and there would be no WAY it would have less than 550hp. According to the press release, it is only 19.57" in length! VERY compact! Sadly, Icon is likely correct. Probably won't see it here, and if we do, only in sedan form. A no go for me.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

both BMW and M-B are moving to turbocharged V8s, clearly Audi will too. 150bhp/liter (which should give the new engine 600bhp) should be fairly easy to achieve with FSI, and still meet Euro emissions targets.

The rationale for the V10 RS6 not being imported is that it would have cost too much? European customers pay a premium for RS models over the competing AMG and M-series cars; I guess Audi doesn't see Americans paying the premium as we're the most price competitive/sensitive market. Then again, I know that Korea didn't get the V10 and pretty sure Japan didn't either, and both are markets where buyers are willing to pay literally anything.

I guess this has been discussed before, but why then did Audi bring in the 860 units of the 2003 RS6 we are enjoying, albeit with some annoying modifications?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I guess this has been discussed before, but why then did Audi bring in the 860 units of the 2003 RS6 we are enjoying, albeit with some annoying modifications?
    I'm going to put the FLAME SUIT ON when I go way out on a limb here....

I believe Audi did the MkI RS 6 as a test run for the American market. To see if the investment was worth the payoff. In the end, they obviously felt it was not. The flame suit is needed for my next comment. AoA has spent the last few years listening to BOTH original and second (and third) generation owners bitch and moan about how the DRC sucks... and how it has turbo problems... and how the tranny is not up to snuff... and how the brakes are not up to snuff... ad nauseum.

After years of this "feedback", and also with all the warranty costs added up, they must have came to the decision that "No, it ain't worth the cost of bringing over yet another low volume, high maintenance vehicle" (MkII V10). Sucks for us. I am sure there will be ones here that STRONGLY disagree with my opinion, but in the end, we (in the USA) probably paid the LEAST of any country for this car, and yet had the BEST factory warranty, and yet bitched the MOST. If I was AoA, I'd pass on us too.

FLAME SUIT ON!!!!!!!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

A further irony: Despite Icon's above post, I remember he bitched the LEAST about the car.
    Ron Paul Fan

Well Ben, your lucky I don't like typing on my iPhone, jk. Now, I do think that the American version of their car wasn't the only to have issues. I have a feeling that the manufacturers don't really care about what a 2nd or 3rd owner says. After the car has been out in the market for a few years, they drop off. Just look at how much quisha comes on these threads anymore. But guess what, he's always on the boards selling the newer models.

Plus, look at all the money dealerships have got in insurance and owners money fixing these damn things out of warranty.

The new rs6, if it comes with the 4.0 t, will save a ton of costs for audi compared to our c5's. Why, ... We got a completely unique engine and transmission that no other models came with. This had to be a pretty expensive proposition. Now they'll just slap on different bumpers and sideskirts, change the tune, and charge 20k more for it. I personally think they brought the c5 here to make the brand more appealing and outragous. IMO they succeeded and we (or audi)will never know the revenue stream that potentially created in other models.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Well Ben, your lucky I don't like typing on my iPhone, jk.
    LOL, I hear you.
    Ron Paul Fan

if the DRC sucked here, it sucked over in Europe as well, so Audi must have been hearing it from everywhere. I like the outrageousness of the twin-turbo V10, but the car's styling falls flat. I'm not really bothered that the RS models don't make it over much - makes our cars all the more rare. I just want to transplant one of those V10s into my car...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

I guess I feel our c5 rs6's may be last of a breed where we have an exclusive engine.
    Well, V10 twin turbo in C6 is also quite exclusive!

I think that C7 RS 6 will be powered with 4.0 T, there isn't any other engine possible for the job, at this moment, and one of biggest oponents having simillar situation, BMW 550i and M5 are both having ''same'' engine under bonnet - 4.4l, V8 twin turbo, so probably both S6 and RS 6 will be 4.0 T...

i also predict 4.0T, but with some special trickery

AS WELL AS a significant use of carbon and plastic composites which will play a main part in making them so much faster than their S counterparts. i don't see why the 4.0T couldn't make up to 600 hp easily. the 2.0T is capable of 272-300 hp with a mild tune.

with its power to weight ratio the S8 can do 0-60 in 4 sec. those other cars will be monsters.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I don't have doubts that 4.0 T is capable for big numbers, I just expect Audi to make little more ''silent'' power figure with bigger accent on weight saving...
    After all, C7 S6 have less power than C6 S6 (420 hp vs 435 hp) ...