Thread: Any lead on what are the best winter floor mats for our cars?

Any lead on what are the best winter floor mats for our cars?

Weather is starting to cool down so I might aswell think of getting set for the cold stuff.

do you have the audi all weather mats?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

No, I have the cloth mats but the salt from my winters is pretty bad so I'd prefer to pull them and find a rubber substitute.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

The OEM audi rubber mats are best.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Who is best to order them from? Will C5 A6 mats fit or is there a specific RS6 set?
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

www.genuinevwaudiparts.com

Date: Saturday, May 15 2010 12:20 PM
    Subject:RE: Rubber Mats
    Hi Benjamin.
    These will not fit properly. Audi lists the monster mats part number of ZAW179005BLK for the 2003 RS6. This is a set of four
    rubber mats. our price 101.48. They only come in black.
    Ingrid
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I've got the rubber all-weather mats, and they'll surely capture rain and slush. I'm in the opposite boat - I'd like to buy a set of basic carpet mats, which I hope are quite plush/luxurious...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

x2...the C5 A6 4.2 rubber mats from Audi are sweet. Perfect for winters.

The OE A6 4.2 carpeted mats are nice too...the best mats I've seen are the ones from www.hoica.de but I paid way to much for them to get them over here.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I also have the OEM Audi all-weather rubber mats. I love 'em -- nice deep grooves that capture water, mud, slush, or whatever. I leave them on year-round. (It was either that or ask peeps to take their shoes off before they get into my car!)
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

I love my OEM All weather mats. i keep them in all of my cars all year around. Rain, snow, sand.. works wonders for anything you throw at them.
    they call me Tank

Yep, got the all weather mats with my car, just great! And if people track to much in they get banned from the car, three strike rule in effect....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    The OEM audi rubber mats are best.
    I hadn't been very happy with the OEM rubber mats as they don't conform very well on the transmission tunnel side. I usually noticed a bit of water and dirt on the carpet on that side, outside of the rubber containment zone. So I had the detailer put some of that "pre-delivery" film over that area to protect it during the most recent winter. It worked great and I plan to repeat it again this year and onwards.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

now to find a trunk tray

If you dont like the OEM A/W mats try and see if weathertech will make a set for you but I am happy with mine. i like the design, styling and fitment so im ok with my OEm's. Yes you are right!! I NEED a trunk tray for my car asap. Maybe i can talk to weathertech about making one.
    they call me Tank

Some folks might get confused...the C5s with the V8s use different front mats than the 'regular' C5 cars.

A decent rear trunk mat (like a Weathertech) would def. be nice for the RS6...I have one in my allroad but the cargo net can't be used with it in place; no way to get at the metal hooks. No big deal really I guess.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon