Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent Example

Decent Example

I have been a lurker here for awhile as I was researching for a new ride. This was one I took a look at but couldn't get them to my price. However, the sales manager gave me a ring yesterday to let me know the price was reduced by 5K. I have gone a different direction but wanted to let ppl. know in case someone was looking. Right front CV boot is cracked ($275) and timing belt coming soon ($2400). Front pads and rotors are almost new and have less than 5K miles on them, DRC was done 10K ago. Slight gasket leak on the tranny pan, (damp, no drip, consistent with mileage). Interior is good with the exception of the "drawer" under the memory seat button on the door. Tires are 50+% Michelin PS2's.

I have NO relationship with the dealer, only a gear head constantly in search of the fix......

http://www.magcars.com/used/Audi/200...1065328032.htm

You guys have a great community here, and my brief surfing of the forum provided a wealth of knowledge, thank you!

Nice example, not a fan of interior color, but wow good deal on surface.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Nice example, not a fan of interior color, but wow good deal on surface.
    I didn't know what to make of the interior color either, but I can tell you it looks much better in person. The light color hides wear allot better than black, in my opinion.

They told me they were upside down on the deal when we were @ $24K and I walked away. If they are not upside down now, they should be close.

With $5k or more in needed work?
    That would be a hard decision...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Exactly, as hard as I tried, it just came down to maintenance for me. The thought of having to send it to the shop after purchase really did it for me. The Audi tech said there was about 5K left in the boot before it typically failed (in his opinion), the timing belt is due in 10K and the tranny gasket is a maybe tomorrow maybe never type deal. In the end, just not for me, but the car was extremely clean as the interior/exterior finish was in great shape.

Fantastic deal in my opinion. The car looks great. $22K, that's a steal. I paid $29K for mine last year with 58K on the clock. Even though there may be some maintenance issues later on down the road I would definitely go for it. I personally don't care for a white interior but at that price who cares. Just my thoughts...........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

^^ agree if that car is maintained and free of major problems that is a SMOKING deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Fantastic deal in my opinion. The car looks great. $22K, that's a steal. I paid $29K for mine last year with 58K on the clock. Even though there may be some maintenance issues later on down the road I would definitely go for it. I personally don't care for a white interior but at that price who cares. Just my thoughts...........................
    Good to hear, i have many hours tied up in researching/learning about the car, I would just like to see it find a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Thank you for your help on the registry.

Nothing came up on the registry other than the car being listed for sale in its current condition.

If you had eyes on that car and turned down 22k becuase it would need a major service in 10k? I dont know what else can be said. That car with that mileage if the condition is as you say is the best deal for a RS6 in the USA right now. My gosh.

Fix the screwed up DRC repair. $0
    Service timing belt. $700
    Alignment. $130
    Flash and TCU chip. $600

=425hp to the wheels and over 500ft/lbs torque to the wheels. All for less than 23,500 dollars.

I dont see where the 5000 dollars in needed service is coming from? If I could get eyes on that car...hmm

It is a great deal, but even if I were in the market, I couldnt hang with that interior. Mine HAD to be black, w carbon. Even tho the OEM carbon looks like fiberglass.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    It is a great deal, but even if I were in the market, I couldnt hang with that interior. Mine HAD to be black, w carbon. Even tho the OEM carbon looks like fiberglass.
    Agreed!!!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Hmm, different strokes for different folks I guess. I had to have the silver/carbon fiber interior and held out until I found it. I personally like the contrast.
    Last edited by V8weight; February 6th, 2011 at 00:55.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

The first RS6 I ever set my eyes on was a Avus/Silver interior. That was also the first one I was able to drive. Had to have one after that first test drive. The silver interior gives you a completely different feel inside the car. I think it looks great with Avus and Mugello exterior colors. A very classy look.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Hmm, different strokes for different folks I guess. I had to have the silver/carbon fiber interior and held out until I found it. I personally like the contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    The first RS6 I ever set my eyes on was a Avus/Silver interior. That was also the first one I was able to drive. Had to have one after that first test drive. The silver interior gives you a completely different feel inside the car. I think it looks great with Avus and Mugello exterior colors. A very classy look.
    Ya, I just think it works with the Avus silver exterior. Seems to break up some of the monotony with the two tone. Just my opinion though. I've seen enough black interior cars around the Pat cave, I like them as well.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I wanted a Mugello with black interior...took me a few years to find a nice one...glad I waited...can't do the silver, gray...whatever they are calling it...no offense...
    2013 Audi S8

Yeah, that was my first choice as well, though when i was hunting, they were ALL mugello/silver....
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Now I remember this car. A member here was looking at it last summer and almost purchased it.

6 owner car and changed hands again and went to auction within just a couple months from the sale last fall. Does that tell anyone anything? Been floating around dealer lots for nearly 4 months.

TC may be toast. Service history looks ok but so many owners. You could still get ext warranty reasonable due to lower mileage and be ok in the end but now your looking at dumping another 4-5k for ext warranty. I would check out the trans very close and hopefully it is bad. Then hardball the dealer to take 19,5. The hell with the warranty and just drop the car off to Tozo for a quick TC. ;-)

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...5|4|-80|83|-95