Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent Example

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Now I remember this car. A member here was looking at it last summer and almost purchased it.

6 owner car and changed hands again and went to auction within just a couple months from the sale last fall. Does that tell anyone anything? Been floating around dealer lots for nearly 4 months.

TC may be toast. Service history looks ok but so many owners. You could still get ext warranty reasonable due to lower mileage and be ok in the end but now your looking at dumping another 4-5k for ext warranty. I would check out the trans very close and hopefully it is bad. Then hardball the dealer to take 19,5. The hell with the warranty and just drop the car off to Tozo for a quick TC. ;-)

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...5|4|-80|83|-95
    Agreed, this is were I got to when I walked away. I priced warranties on the car: dealer ($6K for 4yrs/50K miles), and a couple of others in the $4K to $5K range for 4yrs/48K miles . If someone is interested I can send you the warranty info/pricing. When the deal ended for me was when I told the sales manager the car's wholesale value was $18K to $19K and we would need to determine how much the cleanliness of the car is worth. At the time his answer was $24K and in my mind I could not justify a $5K investment over wholesale, plus warranty $4K and be upside down in the car by $9K the second I drove it off the lot. This in conjunction with their attempt to under value my trade initially in the deal just put me off. So in the end, if they keep getting enough offers on the true value of the car, they are going to take one of them as I believe they are near the tipping point and desperately want to cut it loose.

If someone is interested and can tell me how to tell if the TC is blown, I would be happy to go drive it again to figure it out.

Simple enough.

Go back in for a second look now that the price has dropped again. Make 2 demands.

1. 45minute test drive. Get the car on the expressway non stop the entire time. Hold speed at 55 and then gently roll into full throttle up to 70. Back down to 55 steady and do it all over again. 45 minutes of it.
    2. Have the ECU scanned with a Vagcom or set up a visit right after the 45min drive with a Audi dealer to have the ECU scanned for hard and soft codes.

Sit back in your easy chair and watch the price come down some more. The 4k price for a 4/48 ext warranty sounds good. I would not give up on the car just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Simple enough.

Go back in for a second look now that the price has dropped again. Make 2 demands.

1. 45minute test drive. Get the car on the expressway non stop the entire time. Hold speed at 55 and then gently roll into full throttle up to 70. Back down to 55 steady and do it all over again. 45 minutes of it.
    2. Have the ECU scanned with a Vagcom or set up a visit right after the 45min drive with a Audi dealer to have the ECU scanned for hard and soft codes.

Sit back in your easy chair and watch the price come down some more. The 4k price for a 4/48 ext warranty sounds good. I would not give up on the car just yet.
    What he said...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Love my Silver interior. Lightens it up with the lighter color headliner. I never thought about it back when i was looking as had not sat in a silver interior...till the day i saw my car..got in and liked it much better as it felt more open and visually more interesting.

Hope this car goes for $21K...I guess we are all screwed at this rate. Seems like a good number to me assuming tranny is intact. Still annoyed dealers put $18-19K into a car or even less on trade in but expect to get $5K back out...how about a fair trade instead and the margin on the resale is in line with other used cars.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Seems as though the car has moved on, congratulation to who ever ends up with it!

you COULD get this one and make it a stage 6 and be all the rage on AZ

http://www.midwesternaudi.com/used/A...f988cc66e9.htm
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

Yeah, but it can't be better than an RS6 until it has the full RS6 body conversion..
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Ha,,,, ha,,,, that's seriously funny... What was I thinking to miss out on that opportunity????? Man, I really messed up......

In all seriousness though, it is sad to see AZ decline to STAGE 6 with warp drive status. I hung out there in 03 though 06 when I had my A4. Was a pretty neat place, when all of the tuning on the B6 A4 started to really gain momentum, place was electric back then, GIAC, vs. REVO vs. APR tunes and big turbos..... Guys were literally going to the racetrack on a daily basis to one up one another (yes there were time slips)......

Yea, if it wasn't so far away I would have bought it myself if it wouldn't have take a couple days to fly out and look at it then four more to drive it back.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I haven't seen/driven a 6speed A6
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I haven't seen/driven a 6speed A6
    I bought one brand new in 2000....black on black...fun...for a while...
    2013 Audi S8

I had one, fun car with a tune. Obviously lighter on it's feet than the beast... but way less visceral appeal.

I still have our 2001 6 speed allroad...with the O.CT program and some suspension mods its a super fun car for what is it....a roided out A6 avant

Approaching 170K miles now...
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon