Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro RS6 seats, any good sources?

Euro RS6 seats, any good sources?

Ever since I saw the photos of the euro version seats, I'm in love.....where could I get my hands on them?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

You're pretty much at the mercy of Ebay.de.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

They are challenging to find and I sometimes post when I find them...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Trapped,

I looked HARD at this upgrade a few years ago, but killed the idea. Just too much of a PITA. There are a number of issues (shipping, customs clearing, airbags, storage, etc.) that just gave me the heebie jeebies on the project. A few have done them, though. More than I wanted to bite off.

If you're serious, ebay.de (as pointed out) may be the only way at this point. That also begs the question: what happens if what's in the box isn't what you expected? Hard to ship stuff back and forth and get it right.

IIRC, there was someone offering them here. At least, that's where I started my own inquiry process. Someone in Scandinavia, maybe? If anyone recalls who, maybe they can post the name?

CW

If you aren't concerned with having the rs6 logo, or if you want to get an upholstery shop to copy the logo from old seats to new seats, recaro still makes that model seat. I researched going this route awhile back. They can completely customize them, including perforated leather, heating and venting, and piping on the seats. Just go to the recaro site, look for a local distributor, and tell them what you want.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Oh, they are the sportline seats if I remember correctly.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

There is a set of Euro RS6 seats on Ebaymotors.de right now and the guy want's 950Euro but will only ship to Germany. Although this include door cards front & rear as well as rear seats. The seats do have the RS6 logo.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I'm check the sports line version 1st that Josh suggested., I know Phil from detailers domain did this conversion as well, gonna ask how he sourced.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

This is the route I would go, if I still had the disposable income I used to enjoy "pre change". http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19...ghlight=recaro
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I know someone that has a complete black set but it would take $4k+ to pry them out of his possession.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I know someone that has a complete black set but it would take $4k+ to pry them out of his possession.
    I was looking at the ebay.de for the 4B seats and found the cognac complete seat and the wife walked up behind me and asked "Is there something wrong with your seats?" Like a dumbass, I wasn't quick enough and said "Nope..."
    Faceplant.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yup, STUPID expensive.

CW

Anybody comprende el espanol? I bet some could be found cheaper sud en el mehico...just a thought.

no hablo espanol....damn it

Not for anything, but they look nice, Justify spending 4k+ on seats?? not for me. I would rather spend 4K on the performance or reliablity of the car, the seats are great looking but i for one would keep the ones i have, i like mine
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

to each his own..........

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Not for anything, but they look nice, Justify spending 4k+ on seats?? not for me. I would rather spend 4K on the performance or reliablity of the car, the seats are great looking but i for one would keep the ones i have, i like mine
    I tend to agree here. I would rather spend the money on adapting the brackets to seats that are even better than what the OEM offers. But then you are still stuck with stock back seats.

The stock sport seats hold me in just fine.

I guess it's the same reason for owning them as the RNS-E. It just looks good.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I did do the RNS-E conversion, but my logic was that the original navigation was laughably useless. It's only as good as the next turn and is essentially worthless. A map-based system make so much more sense. You can eyeball where the destination is, get to the end of your knowledge of the route and then let the system guide you. Often, I knew a better way to get from here to there than did Audi's nav system, I just didn't know the last mile, so to speak. With the original nav, I only knew to go 500 feet and turn left.

And, from memory, the seats are a fairly involved installation process from that I gathered. Just be prepared for issues. But, good luck, Trapped. It's definitely a worthy upgrade, IMO. Just couldn't deal with all the BS related.

CW