Thread: Reminded of why I LOVE the RS6

Reminded of why I LOVE the RS6

So, in the mid-Atlantic region we got hammered by 6" (and still falling) of snow. Well, the snows went on about two weeks ago, and I'm good to go. Knuckleheads are stuck everywhere, and I just blow through in the RS6. Quattro, ftw!

CW

Isn't Quattro latin for: "Four wheels clawing at the earth"?
    2013 Audi S8

CW, Unfortunately snows stacked in my garage...not very helpful in their current state.

hey Fraba!!!! hows the beast running?....sorry cornerswell for thread jack
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

No worries. Last night was certainly interesting driving in the DC region. I don't know who runs organizations like VDOT (or DC's or MD's or the National Park Service...for Federal roads like the GW Parkway), but they ought to be taken out back and shot.

People should NOT tolerate what they had to endure last night. People actually slept in their cars on the GW Parkway. Northbound was a total parking lot. Of course, it didn't help that they'd clogged the roads so the plows couldn't do their job. But, the salting and sanding operations didn't commence until it was too late. Rte 123 in McLean was sheet ice: compacted wet snow. It was like driving on a washboard road. I heard on the radio it took someone 8 hours to get from downtown DC to the Glebe Rd. exit on 66. Just staggering how incompetent and inept the Transportation departments are.

That said, the snow came down fast and heavy. Easy to judge them in hindsight (they failed), though. Harder to evaluate whether they could have done a better job under the circumstances.

CW

Quote Originally Posted by Fraba View Post
    CW, Unfortunately snows stacked in my garage...not very helpful in their current state.
    I hope that's where the RS6 was, too, then. Good place for it last night, anyway.

CW

It was in the garage. Wife's MDX in the driveway.

Speed...car's running well. Still nursing it as I don't have the TCU done yet. I do sense some surging under acceleration. I was thinking N75, but I thought EC tune didn't play with boost levels...bad assumption? It may be my imagination, but I also sense some A/T confusion. Especially at slow speeds. Just can't figure out what gear to be in...at times the shifts seem half-assed. Like the TCU changes it's mind mid-shift. Could also be a refection of me driving like a sissy.

Our tunes definitely raise the boost levels. Try driving in tip more and shift yourself till you get the tcu done.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Will do....thnaks.

I am going to add 1 thought to this thread, quattro awesome, quattro w/ summer tires?, not so much. I drove my S8 today, early mornin, roads were cleared but a hard layer of snow/ice was present, summer tires suck....very hard to gain traction..i had to drive quite slow to maintain grip
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    I am going to add 1 thought to this thread, quattro awesome, quattro w/ summer tires?, not so much. I drove my S8 today, early mornin, roads were cleared but a hard layer of snow/ice was present, summer tires suck....very hard to gain traction..i had to drive quite slow to maintain grip
    Yup, me too. I still have regular tires and it is a turd. DEFINITELY need good tires to take advantage of our advantage...I know...news flash...
    2013 Audi S8

Same with the RS6....fun, to be sure....but a tad unwieldy.

i have the pirelli sotozeros on the beast, and honestly night and day, I drove beast in last storm and gripped very well.

Yeah, I was going out when we got all that snow end of last month, and I had great traction. Most of the time I was probably going the speed limit, while every body else was going like 20-25. Felt very planted. Only lost traction a couple times turning into my complex. But then it caught a split second later.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth