Thread: O/T, heading to the lake tomorrow ;)

O/T, heading to the lake tomorrow ;)

96 carbide snowmobile studs per tire, on a 944, on a frozen lake= WooHoo.

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I wanna set of THOSE tires!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I wanna set of THOSE tires!!!!
    They're just Michelin all seasons.........with $700 worth of studs. We don't know how these are going to work yet. They'll either be spectacular, or explode, injuring bystanders and competing cars.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Where is this at? Sounds GREAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    They're just Michelin all seasons.........with $700 worth of studs. We don't know how these are going to work yet. They'll either be spectacular, or explode, injuring bystanders and competing cars.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, south of me about 25 minutes. Should be a blast! Here's the tires mounted back up and filled with slime.

Now this sounds like a lot of fun! Video and pics please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Now this sounds like a lot of fun! Video and pics please!
    +1- That sounds like a blast and those tires look

210K miles rolled

This was a total blast , and the carbide studded tires were phenomenal, what a hoot. We have quite a bit of Go-Pro footage to weed through, I'll try to post some up as soon as I can. I could not believe how fast this car was on the ice, and even more impressive was the braking. We were lapping those poor quattro cars left and right.

How about this?
    These are the tires @:27seconds... that I would want for the winter driving school

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

This was a total blast , and the carbide studded tires were phenomenal, what a hoot. We have quite a bit of Go-Pro footage to weed through, I'll try to post some up as soon as I can. I could not believe how fast this car was on the ice, and even more impressive was the braking. We were lapping those poor quattro cars left and right.
    Yahoooooo- Go Pat Go! Look forward to the pics and that sounds like too much fun!

But what does it dyno??? LOL
    210K miles rolled

There were some people out there running those tires (Menards), but with our stud setup, there was no oversteer, or understeer. It was scary the kind of grip this thing had turning corners. We were actually lifting the inside tire in the turns.

I think Erik was in this car

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    How about this?
    These are the tires @:27seconds... that I would want for the winter driving school

Here's a quick video. I'll have to see what else he was able to get off of the Go-Pro.

That looks like a blast! Dang- where is that transporter when I need it- Someone has borrowed it again

210K miles rolled

Ya, I sold mine (transporter).....I got tired of showing up for work with sideburns and shiny hair.

Ya, I sold mine (transporter).....I got tired of showing up for work with sideburns and shiny hair.
    With occassional flashbacks...

210K miles rolled