Thread: Looking for BIG FAT PIGGIES!!!

Looking for BIG FAT PIGGIES!!!

Ok Piggie pipes AKA Down pipes.

Anyone have any? looking to sell? Or know where i can get a set.

Lets keep the remarks to a quiet roar please. There seams to be a lot of Ladies that visit this site and i dont want to get them started..
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Instead of buying some, you might consider the method I will be employing soon.
    1) Remove downpipes.
    2) measure OD of catalyst portion.
    3) using a straight edge to mark orientation, draw a line along the length of the catalyst portion.
    4) cut out catalyst section.
    5) on new section of pipe of same length, mark a straight line along length of pipe.
    6) using clamps, orient piping. Tack weld, then seam weld.
    7) grind smooth.
    8) repeat for other side.
    9) reinstall.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Are you looking for piggie pipes or downpipes?

Piggie pipes- OEM down pipes with the pre cats (or both pre and main cats) gutted for OEM look and lower cost.
    Down pipes- Milltek, Labree, ect aftermarket units with no precats and high flow or no main cats.

If you want piggies unless you can find some stock units to gut ahead of time (what I am looking for!), remove yours and look up Pat's gutting procedure!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Where is little sis when we need her?

I might just remove them all together and have a custom pipe made . Not what i really want to do but i know a great Fabricator.

If anyone has a old set laying around i would be happy to buy them for a template. I know alot of guys would be interested as well as me having a nice 3" set made up with 100 cell cats
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Lets keep the remarks to a quiet roar please. There seams to be a lot of Ladies that visit this site and i dont want to get them started..
    http://www.vastperformance.com/

They will turn around piggie pipes very quickly with a core exchange. Stock RS6 dp's are hard to find.

Who are these ladies you refer to? Think it's safe to say no ladies visit the sausage factory that is rs6.com. Unless you're calling me a lady for bitching about starting a blackberry group in that other thread. In which case I'd be happy to collapse your windpipe to point out that I am in fact not a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    http://www.vastperformance.com/

They will turn around piggie pipes very quickly with a core exchange. Stock RS6 dp's are hard to find. Thanks for the info..

Who are these ladies you refer to? Think it's safe to say no ladies visit the sausage factory that is rs6.com. My wife has come on here a few times and all she says Men with there toys.. Now what are you ordering.
    Unless you're calling me a lady for bitching about starting a blackberry group in that other thread. No but glad your still harpping on that. In which case I'd be happy to collapse your windpipe to point out that I am in fact not a lady. "Yea everyone is Tough behind a Screen. I havent called you a Lady but if you keep this up you may not like where it will go. So lets just shake hands and continue on.
    aaaaaa what can i say..

I'm punching you with my mouse. Punch punch punch. How's that feel? For the record, I am not a spindly nerd who hides behind a computer screen.

But yes, we're all friends here. Perhaps I should have said "gut your downpipe" rather than "collapse your windpipe." As Pat will tell you, gutting a DP will definitely test your man-skills.

He posted a little semi-DIY awhile back.

I really want to make up a custom set that would just bolt on with V clamps. kinda like an Intermediate pipe. I thionk that would be great for the best performance and would be great for Emmisions to swap the originals back on with out going to crazy on the re and re. It may cost a bit to have them Fabed up

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    I really want to make up a custom set that would just bolt on with V clamps. kinda like an Intermediate pipe. I thionk that would be great for the best performance and would be great for Emmisions to swap the originals back on with out going to crazy on the re and re. It may cost a bit to have them Fabed up

Does Canada actually sniff exhaust? Wisconsin just plugs into the OB2 and scans. My 1.8t VW has no pre-cats, or catalysts at all. The exhaust smells like a dirt bike from the 70s. Yet I roll into the emissions test station, they plug in, my software tells the dumb machine everything is fully operational and clean, and I roll out the door with a pass... Downshift and spit a fireball at the corner on my way down the road.

yeah, every 2 years we have to get an emissions test done before we get our annual registration sticker, otherwise they won't provide us with one. The advantage with awd is that the car is only subjected to an idle test and one at around 2500 rpm ...but if you have a good tune, passing is not an issue, but there's always a few tricks to get it to pass if it's borderline...
    - '03 c5 RS6 (Unitronic tune, K&N's, cat-back exhaust, 19" rs4 wheels)
    - '05 c6 A6 3.2L (for sale) ,

How much time needed to pull the DPs? I have my car in for service and may just have them do it.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Depends on how they do it.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

which is..?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

The quick way is to support the engine with a transverse bar, disconnect the main shaft and cv's, support the rear of the tranny and remove the tranny support. Slowly lower the rear of the tranny till you can reach the bolts.